1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 00:33
    Lets run this all together, all continents and fans.

I'd like to get to know you as a sports fan. You'll get to know me perhaps.

------

My favorite sport is Baseball, been all my life. Boston Red Sox is my team of choice, and I endured their losing for decades since I was a child. This probably has a lot to do with my love for any underdog in most any sport.

My father finally got to see them win the world series, and my grandfather did not. He was born shortly after they won in 1918 and died just a few years after 1967. He was spared 1986.

My favorite aspect of the game is pitching, and a team working as a team around the bases rather than homerun hitters. I respect speed and decisions made in base running.... but would prefer a game where the pitcher dominates and keeps everyone off the bases.

-------------

You may format your answer any way you like, but please try and tell us what kind of sports fan you are and what you like to see and know about your sport or sports of choice.

P-
  2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 06:21
    Favorite sports are Baseball and College Basketball (enjoyed playing soccer as well, but not watching).

I like baseball because you have to do a lot and just a single player making a single play can change the entire game (Dave Roberts for the Red Sox in '04 springs to mind).

I'm a Brewers fan by geography, but am a Red Sox fan the rest of the time. I'll always root for underdogs, though, unless it's against the Sox (don't think the Brewers will have to worry about people looking up at them for a season or two 😉). I hate the Yankees, and loved seeing them lose to the D-Backs and Mariners, and Sox in years past. I don't know much history on either team, but at least I got to be here during some of the best baseball history in my memory. 🙂

I like college basketball because of the tournament (it's called March Madness for those non-watchers here), basically. Seedings rarely matter, and that's what makes it interesting. Anyone has a chance and that seems to add a lot of extra intensity to the game, not to mention when the big upset actually gets pulled off.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Nov '07 20:52
    Thanx GS, I wish I had an NL team around here to follow... I guess I could watch Atlanta, they play on TBS. I'd prefer to follow NYM on a local channel.

P-
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 05:34
    I'm more of a casual fan of baseball, but I still enjoy the drama.

I like bunts better than home runs, and I like pitching better than hitting. My two favorite current pitchers are Tim Wakefield and Greg Maddux. I like seeing the Western Metal Supply Company building at Petco Park (San Diego) and I look forward to the greening of the ivy in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field (Chicago) -- I think it's great that there's nothing but bone-shattering brick behind those leaves, and that balls can get lost in the foilage. I never saw what people had against the old Astros uniforms. I liked the pillbox hats of the Pirates. I like the A's and their white shoes. I hate when a team's "white uniforms" are actually that dull grey color. My current favorite uniform is the Milwaukee Brewers old-time throwback pin-striped uniform I saw them wear this year. I hate any uniform the Yankees wear. I hate the Yankees. If Tim Wakefield and Greg Maddux were traded to the Yankees, I would still like them, but I would still hate the Yankees. I think Manny should be Manny less often.
  5. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 00:07
    *bump*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree