1. New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 10:13
    Who are people tipping this year? From NZ, I think the Chiefs will make the Semis for the first time, but I think the Sharks & Bulls have to go into the tournamet joint-favourites.
    Can't see any Aussie teams making the Semis this time.
  2. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 11:33
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni
    Who are people tipping this year? From NZ, I think the Chiefs will make the Semis for the first time, but I think the Sharks & Bulls have to go into the tournamet joint-favourites.
    Can't see any Aussie teams making the Semis this time.
    Watch out for the Waratahs this year,have picked up some very handy players.

The Crusaders will be there at the end also.
  3. New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 11:56
    Will the Crusaders have the services of Deans now that he is the Wallabies coach? Think his contract means he still has a season with them to run. You are right about the Crusaders - they will be up there.

Everytime I think the Warratahs are going to have a good season they end up havnig a shocker. I just can't figure out why they can't put it together.
  4. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 12:02
    Will the Crusaders have the services of Deans now that he is the Wallabies coach? Think his contract means he still has a season with them to run. You are right about the Crusaders - they will be up there.

Everytime I think the Warratahs are going to have a good season they end up havnig a shocker. I just can't figure out why they can't put it together.
    Crusaders still have Deans

Yeah the have had some shockers but Tuquiri and Tahu are gunna be awesome,also the forward pack will have Vickerman back,they missed him bad last year.
    I think we might of seen the end of the Brumby's dynasty
  5. New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 12:26
    Especially without Larkham.
    I'm a Blues fan, myself. Not so sure how they will go. The bulk of the squad are from Auckland, who won the domestic NPC last season. However, that was while the All Blacks were in Wales, being taught how to peak for a tournament.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 21:38
    being taught how to peak for a tournament.
    Haha - well said! 🙁
  7. New York
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 22:08
    Yeah. What a shocker. Still, us Kiwis are getting used to not winning RWCs!
  8. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 02:09
    Yeah. What a shocker. Still, us Kiwis are getting used to not winning RWCs!
    We're getting toughened up thanks to our cricketers not winning anything, though! 🙂
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 09:19
    As always, the Super 14 will be decided by the team with the best prepared squad who are fit and don't get injured early on.

The Bulls has a new coach and lost some talented players to retirement, overseas contracts etc.

My boys, the Stormers, has a innovative new coach in Rassie Erasmus, formerly from the Cheetahs franchise. We have some talented young players coming through and some experienced guys back from injury. Fingers crossed the Stormers can put up a good fight this year...
  10. New York
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 20:06
    Erasmus is a top bloke too. Stormers are another team that I'd expected to do better in past seasons. Looks like we are in for the most open tournament in years?
  11. New York
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 00:25
    What's going on with the Bulls? Lost again - this time to the Chiefs, who are no great shakes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree