Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    13 Feb '08 18:43 / 1 edit
    Here is the projected line up by the Toronto Star newspaper for Team Canada's Hockey team in the Vancouver Winter Olympics if it were decided today.

Who do you think will be on it come 2010...I'm lost as far as Defence goes.

IF THE TEAM WAS PICKED TODAY

GOALIES
    Martin Brodeur
    Roberto Luongo
    Marty Turco

DEFENCE
    Dion Phaneuf*
    Scott Niedermayer
    Chris Pronger
    Brian Campbell*
    Mike Green*
    Jay Bouwmeester

CENTRE
    Sidney Crosby*
    Ryan Getzlaf*
    Vincent Lecavalier
    Joe Thornton
    Mike Richards*

RIGHT WING
    Jarome Iginla
    Shane Doan
    Corey Perry*
    Patrick Sharp*

LEFT WING
    Dany Heatley
    Rick Nash
    Eric Staal
    Brendan Morrow*

TAXI SQUAD
    Jonathan Toews*
    Dan Cleary*
    Brent Burns*

*Olympic rookie

-I can't see Niedemyer on D by then...and I don't know Mike Green at all. My bet would be Komisarek and maybe Drew Doughty if he turns into a Phaneuf type guy right away.

Goalies, I think Turco will be gone replaced with Leclaire.

Forwards...I think Spezza gets in, along with maybe Piere Marc Beauchard, and Horcoff. No way Morrow gets in..I think Doan will be done by then too.
  2. 13 Feb '08 18:55 / 2 edits
    Phew! Solid line-up!

I don't see Spezza taking a spot from any of the Centres you listed except for maybe Getzlaf. Leclaire for Turco sounds completely reasonable.

Mike Green is great young defenceman from the Capitals. His presence on the blue line has really helped turned that team around.

I like Doan and Sharp though, especially Doan. We might be a bit weak on the right side. Can anyone say Darcy Tucker?
  3. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    13 Feb '08 19:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Phew! Solid line-up!

I don't see Spezza taking a spot from any of the Centres you listed except for maybe Getzlaf. Leclaire for Turco sounds completely reasonable.

Mike Green is great young defenceman from the Capitals. His presence on the blue line has really helped turned that team around.

I like Doan and Sharp though, especially Doan. We might be a bit weak on the right side. Can anyone say Darcy Tucker?
    I think Getzlaf and Richards are the same type of player...no need for 2. I put spezza in there to play with Heatly since they are so good together and you can always move Lecavalier to wing.

Tucker...I'd rather just leave a broken stick on the ice than have him play!