Team Canada 2010

Team Canada 2010

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
13 Feb 08
1 edit

Here is the projected line up by the Toronto Star newspaper for Team Canada's Hockey team in the Vancouver Winter Olympics if it were decided today.

Who do you think will be on it come 2010...I'm lost as far as Defence goes.

IF THE TEAM WAS PICKED TODAY

GOALIES
Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marty Turco

DEFENCE
Dion Phaneuf*
Scott Niedermayer
Chris Pronger
Brian Campbell*
Mike Green*
Jay Bouwmeester

CENTRE
Sidney Crosby*
Ryan Getzlaf*
Vincent Lecavalier
Joe Thornton
Mike Richards*

RIGHT WING
Jarome Iginla
Shane Doan
Corey Perry*
Patrick Sharp*

LEFT WING
Dany Heatley
Rick Nash
Eric Staal
Brendan Morrow*

TAXI SQUAD
Jonathan Toews*
Dan Cleary*
Brent Burns*

*Olympic rookie

-I can't see Niedemyer on D by then...and I don't know Mike Green at all. My bet would be Komisarek and maybe Drew Doughty if he turns into a Phaneuf type guy right away.

Goalies, I think Turco will be gone replaced with Leclaire.

Forwards...I think Spezza gets in, along with maybe Piere Marc Beauchard, and Horcoff. No way Morrow gets in..I think Doan will be done by then too.

d

Moves
13 Feb 08
2 edits

Phew! Solid line-up!

I don't see Spezza taking a spot from any of the Centres you listed except for maybe Getzlaf. Leclaire for Turco sounds completely reasonable.

Mike Green is great young defenceman from the Capitals. His presence on the blue line has really helped turned that team around.

I like Doan and Sharp though, especially Doan. We might be a bit weak on the right side. Can anyone say Darcy Tucker?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
13 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Phew! Solid line-up!

I don't see Spezza taking a spot from any of the Centres you listed except for maybe Getzlaf. Leclaire for Turco sounds completely reasonable.

Mike Green is great young defenceman from the Capitals. His presence on the blue line has really helped turned that team around.

I like Doan and Sharp though, especially Doan. We might be a bit weak on the right side. Can anyone say Darcy Tucker?
I think Getzlaf and Richards are the same type of player...no need for 2. I put spezza in there to play with Heatly since they are so good together and you can always move Lecavalier to wing.

Tucker...I'd rather just leave a broken stick on the ice than have him play!