1. Joined
    10 Mar '03
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 09:03
    Originally posted by Starrman
    You must have been watching a different series to me then.
    I am with you starman.

I agree they bowled rubbish and in each test only one bowler came to the party.

The batting though was even worse.

Brisbane - 1st innings 157
    Adelaide - 2nd innings 129
    Perth - 1st innings 215

You can not afford do that against Aus in Aus. The one innings where the bowlers came to the party the batters let the side down with 215 and that was only because Monty and Harmy added 40 odd for the last wicket.

Eng could have bowled 3 times as good as they did and still lost because the batters were shocking.

Bowlers my win tests but batters can certainly save them (Ricky P 156 @ Old Trafford last year ring any bells).
  2. Waterford
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 19:51
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Righto rtq, whatever you say mate!
    Just what series have you been watching? 2-1 last year and winning one of those tests by 5 runs, that was luck. What you have just seen is the combination of a truckload of planning and training to make sure we won them back.
    England have been playing better than i expected and the Aussies worked damn hard to win these first three tests.
    Suffer in your y-fronts!!!!

😛
    Hear hear have never seen a team win the last ashes in england with such luck,the true gulf between the sides has being shown for what it was if it goes to 5-0 perhaps that will be luck,4 - 1 me thinks myself
  3. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 08:26
    Originally posted by decies
    Hear hear have never seen a team win the last ashes in england with such luck,the true gulf between the sides has being shown for what it was if it goes to 5-0 perhaps that will be luck,4 - 1 me thinks myself
    No way, England out played Australia in every Test except the first one last year.

England winning by 2 runs was not luck - Australia were lucky to get that close!

Aus were playing catch up all through the Old Trafford Test and were lucky to draw that - did you not see them celebrating joyously on the blacony because they managed to draw the Test??

Anyway, batting collapses may have cost us this series but I still think our bowlers are the weakest aspect to our team - I am fairly happy with Strauss, Cook, Bell, KP and Colly as batsmen. Although some of them have underperformed this series I think they are good batsmen who should stay in the side.

However, an unfit Anderson and Giles, and Mahmood will never add much to our bowling.
  4. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:16
    i think england let them win, we dont want the aussies to feel too inferior to the english, a deal must have been struck between their goverments
  5. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 23:00
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    i think england let them win, we dont want the aussies to feel too inferior to the english, a deal must have been struck between their goverments
    Yep. We beat you in most sports, have amazing weather, women and landscape, and generally a healthier and safer lifestyle. We really feel inferior. He he

And our beer tastes better.... Cold.
  6. Standard memberVarg
    Thinking...
    Odersfelt
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 08:35
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    Yep. We beat you in most sports, have amazing weather, women and landscape, and generally a healthier and safer lifestyle. We really feel inferior. He he

And our beer tastes better.... Cold.
    So why do millions of aussies live in England then?
    Just to annoy us?
    And they don't seem to find our girls too shabby...
  7. Joined
    10 Mar '03
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 12:32
    Originally posted by Varg
    Just to annoy us?
    Aussie $ v British £ - thats why....
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 23:41
    Just to annoy us?
    Millions?
    Hardly.
    Most of them are the loud mouthed annoying ones - not surprising you think there are lots of them - that we're happy to get rid of.
  9. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 00:461 edit
    Just to annoy us?
    Millions??

They live there because it is a English speaking country in Europe. They ususally base themselves in London and tour Europe.

And there is more Poms in Aus than there are Aussies in England. Especially in Western Australia.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 03:21
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    We beat you in most sports...
    Har har!
    Not at football - which is the main one. (except when we let you so as to encourage you a bit)
  11. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 09:17
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Har har!
    Not at football - which is the main one. (except when we let you so as to encourage you a bit)
    Does Australia 3 - England 1 ring any bells?
  12. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 10:05
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Har har!
    They did actually beat us in a friendly, do you not remember the outcry at Sven, who had taken a 'it's a friendly it's a chance to experiment and the result doesn't really matter approach' to the game, which really pissed off the fans at the time (and some of the England team too) as obviously it mattered to them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree