1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 11:18
    ...he makes George Steinbrenner look like Virginia McCaskey.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b43076
  2. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 11:39
    cram it yourself
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '08 16:472 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay
    ...he makes George Steinbrenner look like Virginia McCaskey.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b43076
    I say the owner of the Bengals is far worse than Al as an owner. At least Al has won a Super Bowl. Mike Brown has never come close to winning a Super Bowl. In fact, he has only made the play offs once in a decade and a half and, at that, they lost the first game in the play offs and this year they are 0-4. Heck, the Bengals have not even had a winning season, let alone the play offs, except once in over a decade and a half.

I think the difference is that the Raiders have a far greater following and in a sporting market that is far less forgiving of losing sports teams. In fact, that is one reason why I think the Bengals have never moved from Cincinnati. Mike Brown knows that if he did move to another city, no other city would put up with his antics like the city of Cincinnati has. He has them believing that having a small market like they do that they should just be grateful that they even have an NFL team.
  4. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 18:35
    For the good of the league, Al Davis needs to be forcibly removed from ownership.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 19:08
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    For the good of the league, Al Davis needs to be forcibly removed from ownership.
    The same way the Pope should have been removed from his position when he became senile and incontinent. 😠
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Al Davis would sue the NFL into tomorrow and he would win huge!! Say what you like about the man, but he has a major league set of balls and he doesn't back down to anyone. He has stood the league on its ear twice before and he would do it again. They are not about to mess with Al Davis....believe me!!
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 20:00
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Al Davis would sue the NFL into tomorrow and he would win huge!! Say what you like about the man, but he has a major league set of balls and he doesn't back down to anyone. He has stood the league on its ear twice before and he would do it again. They are not about to mess with Al Davis....believe me!!
    Al Davis does have a certain charm about him that I find fascinating. If there's ever anything on the NFL network about Al and his old Raider dynasty, I find myself glued to every word he says and, of course, his choice of wardrobe and jewelry.

Raidah football, baby!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Oct '08 21:11
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Al Davis does have a certain charm about him that I find fascinating. If there's ever anything on the NFL network about Al and his old Raider dynasty, I find myself glued to every word he says and, of course, his choice of wardrobe and jewelry.

Raidah football, baby!
    "Just win baby!!!"
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 13:33
    For all the crap he's pulled, I think Al Davis is one of the most important people in the NFL. He ranks right up there with "Papa Bear" George Halas.

There has never and will never be another team like John Madden's Oakland Raiders. Al is the one who put that group of individuals together.

He was also the one who believed in fast receivers running off the secondary or making spectacular plays downfield and leaving slow linebackers to cover backs out of the backfield. This was in the time of running the ball 40 plays a game hoping for 4 yards in a cloud of dust.

Al can do whatever he wants. No matter what he does, he is an NFL legend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree