1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Feb '19 13:232 edits
    One nice thing about college football is the mistakes. Fumbles, dropped balls, upsets, miscommunications etc. all add the unpredictable and enjoyable nature of the college game. When you factor in schools such as Notre Dame and Stanford that insist on high academic standards, which places them at an automatic disadvantage compared to some other schools (you know - from the south) you get a flawed system full of eager but error prone players and coaches. This goofy quagmire gives the college game a more entertaining and unpredictable quality. Another nice thing about college ball is it's geographical stability, Unlike the NFL, Syracuse University isn't going to move to Idaho because the city built them a nice stadium, nor is Purdue likely to move to Dallas because the city offered them a nice tax rollback package. The NFL is OK, but I like college football better.

- JMHO 🙂
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 08:09
    I think that happens every where tho. But cannot deny that the college football is much better.
  3. Standard memberMudfinger
    Ol' Dirty Heathen
    I'm Naked!
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 03:08
    I agree with both of you. We follow a local Division III team. We get season tix every year and just love the season. A great way to spend a fall Saturday afternoon.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 04:06
    I hope the growth of legalized sports betting in some states doesn't injure college football.
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    22 Feb '19 19:20
    @mchill said
    One nice thing about college football is the mistakes. Fumbles, dropped balls, upsets, miscommunications etc. all add the unpredictable and enjoyable nature of the college game. When you factor in schools such as Notre Dame and Stanford that insist on high academic standards, which places them at an automatic disadvantage compared to some other schools (you know - from the sou ...[text shortened]... ed them a nice tax rollback package. The NFL is OK, but I like college football better.

- JMHO 🙂
    also, no player has to worry about being traded and there is always a college near you to cheer for
    go Cal Bears!
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '19 23:14
    @mchill said
    One nice thing about college football is the mistakes. Fumbles, dropped balls, upsets, miscommunications etc. all add the unpredictable and enjoyable nature of the college game. When you factor in schools such as Notre Dame and Stanford that insist on high academic standards, which places them at an automatic disadvantage compared to some other schools (you know - from the sou ...[text shortened]... ed them a nice tax rollback package. The NFL is OK, but I like college football better.

- JMHO 🙂
    Yes, the unpredictability of either Alabama or Clemson winning the NC every year leaves me hanging on the edge of my seat.

How about you?

I'm thinking this year, Alabama should just take the year off though with everyone on Clemson coming back. That would help avoid injuries for the year after.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree