The OFFICIAL Ashes Thread

The OFFICIAL Ashes Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
21 Nov 06

Here it is, less than two days to go.

Latest news is mostly good for England: Shane Watson out due to injury and Michael Clarke in to replace him.
This leaves Aus with only 4 bowling options instead of 5, and puts a lot of demand on McGrath and Warne (although Warne will welcome the opportunity).

Also, Bell injured but looks likely to be okay for the first Test.

I was feeling pretty negative about this series because our batting line up can be fragile and our bowling attack isn't what it was last series - Harmison is inconsistent, Freddie has been out of action, no Simon Jones.
But the Aussie bowling attack is suffering as well, so maybe things will be okay.

All in all, should be a good series!

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
21 Nov 06

When did we get a Sports Forum?

😳

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
22 Nov 06

There is a nice little Ashes online game at www.miniclip.com/games/the-ashes/en/

G

Moves
22 Nov 06

What was the matter with the other Ashes thread?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by GrumpyBoyFett
What was the matter with the other Ashes thread?
This thread was moved here from General, because Varg has been asleep for a few weeks.

G

Moves
22 Nov 06

Oh, I see, fair enough then.

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
22 Nov 06

Originally posted by Crowley
This thread was moved here from General, because Varg has been asleep for a few weeks.
Well I was wondering why nobody was talking about the Ashes seeing as it is THE sporting event of the year.

Then I discovered there was a Sports forum and nobody told me.

S

Moves
24 Nov 06

Originally posted by Varg
Well I was wondering why nobody was talking about the Ashes seeing as it is THE sporting event of the year.

Then I discovered there was a Sports forum and nobody told me.
back to topic... how bad was that first ball from harmison?!!!:'(:'(:'(

set the trend for the first 2 days for England😞

not to worry... we shall bat out the next 3 days and get a draw, then win 3-0😏😏😏

s

Moves
24 Nov 06

There is no problem with losing the first test, we did that last summer and everything went ok didn't it?

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
24 Nov 06

Originally posted by scottie77
There is no problem with losing the first test, we did that last summer and everything went ok didn't it?
Everyone was saying we were sunk after Lords and look what happened.

Some idiot was on the radio today saying how rubbish England are and that last year was a fluke as we caught Australia on a bad day.

You cannot fluke a five Test series. It is not a "bad day" but 25 days.