1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 21:09
    A lot of Pats-haters on other forums have been saying how the Patriots shouldn't be running up the score in the fourth quarter, and in particular I read comments like, "If Buddy Ryan were coaching, you can bet that he'd be ordering cheap shot on Brady to stop the cheap scores."

Interesting about Buddy Ryan and cheap scores. This from John Tomase:

(Begin)
    * Speaking of running up the score, the Dallas Morning News dug up this gem from the 1987 season, when Buddy Ryan’s Philadelphia Eagles beat the Cowboys, 37-20.

Doesn’t sound like a horrendous final, right? Well consider how it ended.

Leading 30-20 with 1:17 left, the Eagles recorded a first down. Dallas couldn’t stop the clock, and the game was over.

The Eagles took two knees. Then, on third-and-19 with 15 seconds left, quarterback Randall Cunningham faked a knee and threw downfield to Mike Quick, drawing a 32-yard pass interference penalty. Keith Byars rumbled in from the 1 on the final play.

“The last touchdown was very satisfying. I had it planned all along,” Ryan said before mimicking a Tom Landry quote from two weeks earlier, when the Cowboys had pasted the Eagles. “I just played the hand that was dealt me.”
    (End)

Quit whinging, Pats-haters. Plain and simple, the Pats just outplay your team.
    DEAL WITH IT!
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 23:26
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    A lot of Pats-haters on other forums have been saying how the Patriots shouldn't be running up the score in the fourth quarter, and in particular I read comments like, "If Buddy Ryan were coaching, you can bet that he'd be ordering cheap shot on Brady to stop the cheap scores."

(B ...[text shortened]... uit whinging, Pats-haters. Plain and simple, the Pats just outplay your team.
    DEAL WITH IT!
    LOL, I remember that Eagles game. But I still have to give you a 😠
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 00:17
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat

(B ...[text shortened]... uit whinging, Pats-haters. Plain and simple, the Pats just outplay your team.
    DEAL WITH IT!
    First of all, you can bet Buddy Ryan would have put out a hit on Brady. That is the kind of Defensive coach he was. How do you think those rivalries get started? It got real nasty in those days and the war was on. Because of plays like that, the League came down on teams that did that sort of thing. That's the reason today that the NFL has has so many rules that used to not be there. You can't hardly touch anyone today without getting a penalty. No horse collars, no head to head shots, no standing on the Cowboys star in mid field and flapping your wings like a buzzard. Can't do nothing anymore. It won't be long and the NFL will make some New England Rule. Something like it is not allowed for 11 guys to hit the quarterback at the same time and leave his guts dangling out his ear holes.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 20:09
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    First of all, you can bet Buddy Ryan would have put out a hit on Brady. That is the kind of Defensive coach he was. How do you think those rivalries get started? It got real nasty in those days and the war was on. Because of plays like that, the League came down on teams that did that sort of thing. That's the reason today that the NFL has has so many r ...[text shortened]... guys to hit the quarterback at the same time and leave his guts dangling out his ear holes.
    The ole "body bag game" against the redskins. That was something special

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree