1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 14:442 edits
    Daisuke Matsuzaka makes his major league debut today for the Boston Red Sox. I've read the incredible Sports Illustrated article on him and am completely enthralled with this amazing talent. The guy's Japanese stats bring new meaning to the term workhorse, the likes of which we haven't seen in North America since the 70s, if ever. I am very eager to see how his talents translate to the American game - fewer days between starts, strict pitch counts and more talented hitters. How do you guys think he'll do?

I'm thinking 18 wins, 240 IP, 5 CGs.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 15:32
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Daisuke Matsuzaka makes his major league debut today for the Boston Red Sox. I've read the incredible Sports Illustrated article on him and am completely enthralled with this amazing talent. The guy's Japanese stats bring new meaning to the term workhorse, the likes of which we haven't seen in North America since the 70s, if ever. I am very eager to see h ...[text shortened]... alented hitters. How do you guys think he'll do?

I'm thinking 18 wins, 240 IP, 5 CGs.
    They are saying Becket will do better than Daisuke... I don't see it happening. The game starts at 2pm Eastern today.

P-
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 16:15
    He comes in with enormous talent and I think he'll do well.. if all the hype doesn't weigh him down. Boston can be a tough town for the faint of heart.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 17:31
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    He comes in with enormous talent and I think he'll do well.. if all the hype doesn't weigh him down. Boston can be a tough town for the faint of heart.
    He loves pressure, from what I hear.

Almost time for me to fake sick!

P-
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 17:58
    My money is on the Jays' Burnett
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 18:13
    Originally posted by uzless
    My money is on the Jays' Burnett
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 20:171 edit
    Daisuke Matsuzaka はホームランをあきらめた

(use reply and quote to read that gibberish)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree