1. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 07:04
    for anyone who thinks cricket is bad and boring well its not especially not twenty 20.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 10:07
    Originally posted by jacko11
    for anyone who thinks cricket is bad and boring well its not especially not twenty 20.
    Most people who think cricket is boring are American or they just don't 'understand' the game.

Once you understand the intricacies, strategies and skills involved, you can appreciate watching the game.
    The average American will never understand the allure test cricket, as there are far too few advertising breaks and no girls with pom-poms.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 11:22
    Originally posted by Crowley
    and no girls with pom-poms.
    you've been watching the wrong cricket.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QDDye1F4HdQ
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 12:38
    Originally posted by trev33
    you've been watching the wrong cricket.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QDDye1F4HdQ
    I was talking about test cricket.

T20 is a nice, exciting addition, but I can't understand why the organisers would bring in these dancing girls and loud music.
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 13:01
    Most people who think cricket is boring are American or they just don't 'understand' the game.

Once you understand the intricacies, strategies and skills involved, you can appreciate watching the game.
    The average American will never understand the allure test cricket, as there are far too few advertising breaks and no girls with pom-poms.
    It's a matter of opinion.

I find cricket incredibly dull. Most matches last about 5 hours but you only ever get 10 minutes of highlights out of it. Then most of the highlights are players crowding the umpire when the ball goes anywhere near someone's pads or those annoying CGI animations of possible LBW's and ball trajectories.

😴
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 13:04
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    It's a matter of opinion.

I find cricket incredibly dull. Most matches last about 5 hours but you only ever get 10 minutes of highlights out of it. Then most of the highlights are players crowding the umpire when the ball goes anywhere near someone's pads or those annoying CGI animations of possible LBW's and ball trajectories.

😴
    BLASPHEMY!
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 14:38
    I was talking about test cricket.

T20 is a nice, exciting addition, but I can't understand why the organisers would bring in these dancing girls and loud music.
    something about a bollywood connection i think their excuse was.

i really like T20, although it's not real cricket is it? not the way it was supposed to be played when they invented test cricket anyway. i like watching T20 it's short but gives you most of the aspects of the one day game, even some of the test game in only a few hours.

watching highlights of test or one day cricket is a waste of time imo, it would be like watching highlights of a baseball game if you're american. part of the joy of watching cricket for me is watching the duals between the batsman and bowler you just don't get to see that in a highlights show. that's why i haven't really watched any test cricket since england played aus 4 years ago. i know its not possible to watch every ball of every day but just watching a highlights show on test cricket can to a bit repetitive.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 21:12

but I can't understand why the organisers would bring in these dancing girls and loud music.
    Maybe it's just a desperate attempt to stop the millions of people out their that change the channel the second they hear the word cricket 🙂
  9. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 02:30
    BLASPHEMY!
    Stone him!!!!!

(I'll have two round ones, three flat ones and a packet of gravel thanks.)
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 02:45
    Well then...there it is, and there you have it.
  11. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    09 Jan '09 15:02
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Well then...there it is, and there you have it.
    Have you ever been to a cricket match? Something really exciting?
    I took a Bloomberg's journo once (among a bunch of others) and she, even though being an Asian American, absolutely loved it. As did a number of other "foreign" journalists. Young Shaun Pollock was fielding on our boundary and he got moved, I think largely because of my barracking "Polly wants a wicket". They put Rudy Bryson in his place on the long on boundary and a more sour individual is hard to meet. I think this was the match: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/64549.html
  12. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 05:40
    south africa got flogged against australia. its probably cos they dont have it in south africa.see we have the 20 20 domestic series so we get tons of players from the domestic teams.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 07:12
    south africa got flogged against australia. its probably cos they dont have it in south africa.see we have the 20 20 domestic series so we get tons of players from the domestic teams.
    FAIL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree