1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414413
    05 Jan '10 00:332 edits
    World juniors game goes tomorrow night. U.S. have a very strong team and their best chance of winning since 2005 I believe it was.

    Who will win? Canada 6 gold medals in a row, or the U.S. first Gold medal for their start of a streak. The U.S. beat a very strong team Sweden, who was considered to be in the running for the Gold Medal.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10263
    05 Jan '10 00:55
    saw bits of the canada swiz game the other day... that was the semi final i presume that's the tournament you're talking about?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414413
    05 Jan '10 02:15
    Originally posted by trev33
    saw bits of the canada swiz game the other day... that was the semi final i presume that's the tournament you're talking about?
    Yes, I assume only Canadians and U.S. fans will be watching with interest, but I been wrong before. 😉 Sweden & Swiz for the bronze should be a big fan base watching from those countries.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    05 Jan '10 02:21
    Go Canada!
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66523
    06 Jan '10 02:27
    Who really gives a puck???
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    06 Jan '10 04:002 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Who really gives a puck???
    It was an incredible game. Better than any of the terrible Bowl games that have polluted the television. Those kids gave it their all. It's a shame that only a few in their home country cared.

    Congrats to those Pesky Yanks.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    06 Jan '10 14:201 edit
    Yeah, that's right SC. You shut your mouth.

    The US Sports media cares more about an idiot loudmouth like Gilbert Arenas bringing his guns to the locker room or big money contracts being signed for teams that aren't even playing at the moment or the meaningless results of the Pace Picante Bowl or the Hungryman TV Dinner Champs Sports Bowl than its incredible and inspiring Junior Hockey team. Kids who have yet to be corrupted by the poison of North American celebrity. It really does make me sick.

    And I know, it was the Bore-ange Bowl last night.

    FOR SHAME!
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    06 Jan '10 15:38
    you would think that young American hockey players would get some attention - this being the 30th anniversary of things miraculous.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414413
    06 Jan '10 23:331 edit
    Yes, congratulations to Team U.S.A. the new World Junior Hockey Champions! They back checked, forechecked hard, blocked shots, supported each other, played a gritty style of hockey working hard and never quitting. They played Canadian style hockey, and won.

    It really is a shame that the Canadian Juniors are considered losers for getting a Silver metal. There are several countries where Bronz would be their "Gold Metal"
    I think too much pressure is put on these young men to "HAVE TO WIN GOLD", every year. Sweden, Swiz, Russia, are also very strong teams and work hard every game.
  10. Kalispell, MT
    Joined
    05 Jul '08
    Moves
    23554
    09 Jan '10 07:26
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Yes, congratulations to Team U.S.A. the new World Junior Hockey Champions! They back checked, forechecked hard, blocked shots, supported each other, played a gritty style of hockey working hard and never quitting. They played Canadian style hockey, and won.

    It really is a shame that the Canadian Juniors are considered losers for getting a Silver metal. ...[text shortened]... OLD", every year. Sweden, Swiz, Russia, are also very strong teams and work hard every game.
    Agreed; Canadian hockey players are expected to poo gold pucks.

    I liked the game, I watched it rerun after getting bored watching Oregon get walked
    on. It was far better than any of the BCS games I watched. I love American Football,
    but hockey at high levels is as much, or more, entertaining.

    -GIN
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    414413
    19 Jan '10 03:05
    Originally posted by Nowakowski
    Agreed; Canadian hockey players are expected to poo gold pucks.

    I liked the game, I watched it rerun after getting bored watching Oregon get walked
    on. It was far better than any of the BCS games I watched. I love American Football,
    but hockey at high levels is as much, or more, entertaining.

    -GIN
    The Hockey at the Olympics in Vancouver should be good to watch. That is right around the corner.

    There is going to be some really good teams!
Back to Top