1. In Christ
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 19:16
    We already have a medal sweep in women's fencing! Go US!
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 22:51
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    I guess it's okay, but I always feel like a Yankees fan when the Olympics roll around. The USA racks up unworldly numbers of medals, but we're supposed to! It's kinda hard to cheer for the big dog ALL the time.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 23:00
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I guess it's okay, but I always feel like a Yankees fan when the Olympics roll around. The USA racks up unworldly numbers of medals, but we're supposed to! It's kinda hard to cheer for the big dog ALL the time.
    Hate to tell you this chief, but the US isn't favored to be the big medal winners at this Olympics...China is. China is becoming what the USSR used to be as far as dominance in sport. If the US pulls off the medal leadership for the Olympics, it will be a huge accomplishment.
  4. Joined
    14 Apr '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 00:45
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Hate to tell you this chief, but the US isn't favored to be the big medal winners at this Olympics...China is. China is becoming what the USSR used to be as far as dominance in sport. If the US pulls off the medal leadership for the Olympics, it will be a huge accomplishment.
    in dumb events that no one cares about like synchronized diving
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 02:29
    Originally posted by david haworth
    exactly, the most boring games are represented that nobodies ever heard of.. id rather watch a correspondence championship game play out 😉

1.e4........................................ .................................. . . . ...................................
    ................ ........... ...................................................................................
    . .......................................
    1... c5 😛
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 04:35
    Well, why don't you pick out the only events you feel should count, approach the IOC and get them to drop the remainder. But until you successfully accomplish that task, they all count and get added to the total. And, that total is expected to be in China's favor. Nuff said!!
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 15:102 edits
    Amen. And anyway, China's huge too, so pulling for them is almost the same as pulling for the USA. I think I'll root for Thailand. Or perhaps Zimbabwe.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 17:51
    Amen. And anyway, China's huge too, so pulling for them is almost the same as pulling for the USA. I think I'll root for Thailand. Or perhaps Zimbabwe.
    Here is a bag of chips and a coke to keep you company. Enjoy!!
  9. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 19:41
    How about Uzbekisthan? LOL
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 20:50
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    How about Uzbekisthan? LOL
    Here's your hot dog!!
  11. Joined
    14 Apr '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '08 22:51
    Well, why don't you pick out the only events you feel should count, approach the IOC and get them to drop the remainder. But until you successfully accomplish that task, they all count and get added to the total. And, that total is expected to be in China's favor. Nuff said!!
    basketball and air hockey
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 02:36
    So far in the men's swimming, the USA has 3 gold metdals, two silver medals and one bronze medal and 3 new world records. Not too shabby. Oh, and Phelps is now 3 races and 3 golds. Five more to go!!
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 12:06
    Originally posted by Jirakon
    When there are 240 millions of USAers to chose athlets from, how hard can it be to get medals?
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 12:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When there are 240 millions of USAers to chose athlets from, how hard can it be to get medals?
    Ok genius, then why isn't India kicking some Olympic ass? For that matter, why isn't China winning every event? You should really think a bit before your post stupid comments.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '08 14:27
    Ok genius, then why isn't India kicking some Olympic ass? For that matter, why isn't China winning every event? You should really think a bit before your post stupid comments.
    Do you mean that you are not better than India or China? I think you are far better than these giant countries.

When the olympics are over, I'll do a table over how many medals each country is taking in relation to their respecitve population. I don't think US will top that list. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree