Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    24 Feb '08 04:55
    Any college roundball fans here? What a great game Tennessee played against the number 1 team, the Memphis Tigers.. I'm not so much a Vols fan, but I do believe the SEC has a lot to prove when it comes to Basketball!!

    March Madness is just around the corner.
  2. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    25 Feb '08 00:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Any college roundball fans here? What a great game Tennessee played against the number 1 team, the Memphis Tigers.. I'm not so much a Vols fan, but I do believe the SEC has a lot to prove when it comes to Basketball!!

    March Madness is just around the corner.
    For now, but probably not when all is said and done. There are too many teams that have a great shot at the title. I think the UT that might win the national championship hails from Austin, Texas. Take a look at who they have beaten. Three of their 4 losses were to Michigan State, Wisconsin and Texas A&M, all ranked teams. They have already beaten UCLA, Kansas, Texas A&M, Baylor(twice), and, of course, Tennessee. They also have a matchup remaining against Kansas State.

    Watch those Texas Longhorns!!!
  3. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    25 Feb '08 07:29
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    For now, but probably not when all is said and done. There are too many teams that have a great shot at the title. I think the UT that might win the national championship hails from Austin, Texas. Take a look at who they have beaten. Three of their 4 losses were to Michigan State, Wisconsin and Texas A&M, all ranked teams. They have already beaten UCLA, ...[text shortened]... ssee. They also have a matchup remaining against Kansas State.

    Watch those Texas Longhorns!!!
    This is true, friend, every year. There's a reason Memphis has only lost one game, it's because they have so many guns. The tournament is coming up, and it will be exciting!
  4. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    26 Feb '08 07:06
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    For now, but probably not when all is said and done. There are too many teams that have a great shot at the title. I think the UT that might win the national championship hails from Austin, Texas. Take a look at who they have beaten. Three of their 4 losses were to Michigan State, Wisconsin and Texas A&M, all ranked teams. They have already beaten UCLA, ...[text shortened]... ssee. They also have a matchup remaining against Kansas State.

    Watch those Texas Longhorns!!!
    Now they beat Kansas State as well. They are a force and they are sitting there at #5 while having already beaten #4 UCLA and # 1 Tennessee.
  5. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    26 Feb '08 13:11
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Now they beat Kansas State as well. They are a force and they are sitting there at #5 while having already beaten #4 UCLA and # 1 Tennessee.
    I'm sure you know not to pay too much attention to ratings, the current ones have NEVER caught up to what's going on in real time.. It's the last one that really only matters.. just ask the Gators!

    I've been VERY impressed with some of the ACC teams, but it's such a competitive conference. Like you say, the BIG 12 has some great teams too.. love this time of year!
  6. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    27 Feb '08 05:46
    Wow...Tennessee managed to hang on to the #1 position for 28 hours!
  7. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    27 Feb '08 06:24 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Wow...Tennessee managed to hang on to the #1 position for 28 hours!
    Vandy's an up and down team.. I watched a game they played where they were passing so fast the other team was looking the other way..

    In-state rivalries can change any game, ya know?

    like I said only one poll counts.. but isn't it exciting?
  8. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    28 Feb '08 15:11
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Vandy's an up and down team.. I watched a game they played where they were passing so fast the other team was looking the other way..

    In-state rivalries can change any game, ya know?

    like I said only one poll counts.. but isn't it exciting?
    The #1 ranking is curse this year in college sports.
  9. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    29 Feb '08 08:46
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    The #1 ranking is curse this year in college sports.
    Yes it is, just like last year. It's funny how the ACC doesn't have such a stronghold lately.

    Good thing we don't have the Florida Gators looming this year... or do we?
  10. Standard member Derfel Cadarn
    The Mighty
    01 Mar '08 03:42
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Yes it is, just like last year. It's funny how the ACC doesn't have such a stronghold lately.

    Good thing we don't have the Florida Gators looming this year... or do we?
    Nah. No Gaytors this year.

    I agree with whoever said to watch out for Texas. Augustin is a a hell of a player. I'm thinking North Carolina has to be the favorite this year though.
  11. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    01 Mar '08 08:35
    Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
    Nah. No Gaytors this year.

    I agree with whoever said to watch out for Texas. Augustin is a a hell of a player. I'm thinking North Carolina has to be the favorite this year though.
    The Tournaments are always surprising. I can't wait!

    Both the Longhorns and the Aggies have a great team, we'll see who comes around.
  12. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    02 Mar '08 06:18
    Things are really heating up in NCAA Basketball!

    Still watch out for Texas, even though they lost to the Red Raiders today. They are a tad inconsistent, but have unlimited potential!

    I didn't see who won the Kansas/K-state game today
  13. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    02 Mar '08 07:43
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Things are really heating up in NCAA Basketball!

    Still watch out for Texas, even though they lost to the Red Raiders today. They are a tad inconsistent, but have unlimited potential!

    I didn't see who won the Kansas/K-state game today
    At least Texas lost. My day was looking as if it were going to be full of upsets. Duke came back from a large deficit to win by 1 over NC State, followed by Marquette being up by 11 over Georgetown and losing (they were up by 3 with 8 seconds to play, when they fouled a guy behind the 3 point line!). All of this in back to back to back games, by the way.

    Can't wait for the tourney.
  14. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    02 Mar '08 07:46
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    At least Texas lost. My day was looking as if it were going to be full of upsets. Duke came back from a large deficit to win by 1 over NC State, followed by Marquette being up by 11 over Georgetown and losing (they were up by 3 with 8 seconds to play, when they fouled a guy behind the 3 point line!). All of this in back to back to back games, by the way.

    Can't wait for the tourney.
    I'm completely with you Galaxy! I saw the game that Marquette SHOULD have won, but they couldn't make free throw shots!!!

    NC tarheels were in the same boat with Boston College.