1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 04:54
    Hats off to Tony Romo for leading his team to last-minute victory, and cheers to Jason Witten shaking off his lost fumble on the 1-yard line and returning HUGE on that last drive to catch the winning score. Was it my imagination, or did everyone except T.O. come up and congratulate Witten on the go-ahead touchdown? T.O. only caught three passes all day, and when the camera caught up to him after the jubilant cowboy offense exited the field, there was T.O. kneeling at the far end of the players box, all alone, staring blankly out onto the field with no hint of happiness. Is he really more concerned with how many catches he made during the game over the exciting win they had to stay ahead of the Packers? Someone please tell me I'm wrong and that they saw Owens in the endzone celebrating with Witten and the others.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 06:50
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Hats off to Tony Romo for leading his team to last-minute victory, and cheers to Jason Witten shaking off his lost fumble on the 1-yard line and returning HUGE on that last drive to catch the winning score. Was it my imagination, or did everyone except T.O. come up and congratulate Witten on the go-ahead touchdown? T.O. only caught three passes all ...[text shortened]... ell me I'm wrong and that they saw Owens in the endzone celebrating with Witten and the others.
    Did you see the punter celebrating? What about the water boy? Are they all pissed off at Jason too? That is crazy media hype, Terrell has nothing but good to say about Jason. Terrell is a team player in Dallas. And they are both good friends on and off the field, the reporters in Dallas are all saying that the National media are out of their minds. In fact a couple have gone as far as to say that Judging by what they can see in the locker rooms and from practice Terrell is anything but selfish. He spends volunteer time with a lot of the younger players trying to help them all get better. For Terrell it is all about winning nothing else. Yes he wants the ball, all the players want the ball. But he doesn't want it if he isn't open. He isn't stupid. It wouldn't surprise me if the problems he had in Philadelphia were more because of that organization than because of Terrell. A big part of that is because of both, Terrell and Jason. And Terrell will tell you the same about all his team mates.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 13:021 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Did you see the punter celebrating? What about the water boy? Are they all pissed off at Jason too? That is crazy media hype, Terrell has nothing but good to say about Jason. Terrell is a team player in Dallas. And they are both good friends on and off the field, the reporters in Dallas are all saying that the National media are out of their minds. In f use of both, Terrell and Jason. And Terrell will tell you the same about all his team mates.
    Was the punter on the field when Witten caught the TD? Was the water boy on the field when Witten caught the TD? NO! But T.O. was, and I didn't see him happy and mixing it up in the endzone with the other players. It was a big come-from-behind drive and usually everybody is ecstatic when that happens, but where was T.O.? I was wondering where T.O. had gone to, and the cameras finally found him. He was totally at the far far end of the sideline box, down on one knee, right at the sideline, helmet off, staring blankly out onto the field with that emotionless i'm-not-happy stare we've seen so many times before. No one was around him, and he wasn't with his happy teammates. Someone came up behind him (they weren't dressed out, so I don't know if it was the coaching staff or an injured player or what) and gave him a "congrats for winning" tap on the shoulder, and T.O. turned and gave a split-second acknowledgement and then turned to stare out over the field again with that sullen, pouting no-one-paid-attention-to-me-out-on-the-field gaze.

So when I saw this happen, I went "whoa!" what's going on here? T.O. can't really be upset just because Romo didn't look his way during that last drive, can he? is what I wondered. T.O. only caught 3 balls for 21 yards the entire game, and yeah, you and I know that if the defenses are doubling hard on T.O. then Romo has to take what the defense is giving him, which happened to be Witten. But does T.O. know that? Does he know that in his heart, or is this the first crack in T.O.'s thin veneer of "team first" attitude?

If I simply missed T.O. celebrating in the endzone, then this is a non-issue, but that is why I'm asking if anyone else noticed him being happy when Witten caught the TD, because I sure didn't.
  4. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 13:59
    Hats off to Tony Romo for leading his team to last-minute victory, and cheers to Jason Witten shaking off his lost fumble on the 1-yard line and returning HUGE on that last drive to catch the winning score. Was it my imagination, or did everyone except T.O. come up and congratulate Witten on the go-ahead touchdown? T.O. only caught three passes all ...[text shortened]... ell me I'm wrong and that they saw Owens in the endzone celebrating with Witten and the others.
    Owens is one of the best in the game for a reason - he makes big plays and because he had a bad game his was obvioulsy not happy with himself
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 23:30
    Was the punter on the field when Witten caught the TD? Was the water boy on the field when Witten caught the TD? NO! But T.O. was, and I didn't see him happy and mixing it up in the endzone with the other players. It was a big come-from-behind drive and usually everybody is ecstatic when that happens, but where was T.O.? I was wondering where T.O. had go ...[text shortened]... else noticed him being happy when Witten caught the TD, because I sure didn't.
    I sure didn't see 10 other guys on the field running up to Witten, Non issue. You're just looking for something that isn't there. It wasn't his time to be in the spot light. Maybe next week. Terrell and Jason are both good friends and have nothing but praise for each other. End of story.
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 23:381 edit
    No. You can't make a judgement on a player just because you don't see them celebrating with the team! Gees. There's so many reasons why he may not have. Don't assume he's being selfish. He may have been shocked.

Many QB's don't even celebrate after a game winning TD. They just walk off the field. Like, Job Done. No more to it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 05:06
    Originally posted by Ramned
    No. You can't make a judgement on a player just because you don't see them celebrating with the team! Gees. There's so many reasons why he may not have. Don't assume he's being selfish. He may have been shocked.

Many QB's don't even celebrate after a game winning TD. They just walk off the field. Like, Job Done. No more to it.
    Ok, I will give T.O. the benefit of the doubt, but only because I respect you guys here so much. If T.O. is turning over a new leaf and is acting more like Marvin Harrison these days, then that's a good thing.
  8. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 05:07
    I sure didn't see 10 other guys on the field running up to Witten....
    Of course you didn't, because with T.O. sulking off the field, that would only leave 9 guys left to run up to Witten.
  9. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 05:08
    Originally posted by John1916
    Owens is one of the best in the game for a reason - he makes big plays and because he had a bad game his was obvioulsy not happy with himself
    That makes sense.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 08:35
    Of course you didn't, because with T.O. sulking off the field, that would only leave 9 guys left to run up to Witten.
    How do you know there wasn't 12 men on the field? Name all the players you actually saw run up to Jason. Are you sure you aren't sulking because Dallas won.
  11. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 09:50
    How do you know there wasn't 12 men on the field? Name all the players you actually saw run up to Jason. Are you sure you aren't sulking because Dallas won.
    How do you know there wasn't 12 men on the field?
    Because having 12 men on the field would've been a penalty. Duh.

Name all the players you actually saw run up to Jason.
    I saw Romo and Crayton and Barber (i think, pretty sure) and two of the linemen. Then I saw a bunch of people generally celebrating and high-fiving etc as they made their way off the field, but I didn't see T.O. among them. Then there were the smiles and jubilation along the bench between players and coaches and everyone else in the general mob ... and then the camera shot went to T.O.

T.O. was as far away from everyone as you could possibly get, at the limit of the players box, kneeling down on one knee, helmet off, up against the sideline, staring directly out onto the field. No smiles, no participating with the team. Some non-suited up personnel came up behind him and gave him a sort of "good job" tap on the shoulder, and T.O. turned for an instant to acknowledge it, then stared back out across the field. He clearly didn't look happy. So that's why I am asking if T.O. is really about the winning as a team? Or is he just about T.O. and was unhappy that Romo didn't even so much as look his way during that last drive and ending up only 3 catches for 21 yards and he wasn't getting all the attention?

Are you sure you aren't sulking because Dallas won.
    Yes. I was rooting for Dallas. Why would you ask that? Do you think I am a Lions fan? It seems like you are insinuating something. What is it?
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 11:48
    How do you know there wasn't 12 men on the field?
    Because having 12 men on the field would've been a penalty. Duh.

Name all the players you actually saw run up to Jason.
    I saw Romo and Crayton and Barber (i think, pretty sure) and two of the linemen. Then I saw a bunch of people generally celebrating and high-fiving etc as they made the ...[text shortened]... o you think I am a Lions fan? It seems like you are insinuating something. What is it?
    12 men was a joke DUH!
    I don't know, but I get sick of all the T.O bashing is all. No man deserves that kind of constant hate. I don't care what kind of problems the Eagle organization had, the Cowboys aren't having those kinds of problems. The man is doing his job and is liked in Dallas...more than I can say for McNabb. Go hate on Vick for a while, he got 22 months in a County jail. Probably room service too.
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 18:37
    Ok, I will give T.O. the benefit of the doubt, but only because I respect you guys here so much. If T.O. is turning over a new leaf and is acting more like Marvin Harrison these days, then that's a good thing.
    Well he is not imitating Harrison's solemness, Owens is certainly a loud WR. But he is has not acted as before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree