3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 14:451 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    http://tinyurl.com/3xo4zk

RIP Sean.
    😞
    I don't mourn the death of a celebrity or athlete any more or less than I mourn the next guy. In the cosmic sense, it is an insignificant and trivial event. That being said, Sean Taylor was a treat to watch play safety. He was gritty, he hit harder than anyone on both sides of the ball and was prone to entertaining melt-downs on the field (spitting in people's faces was a favourite past-time of his). He leaves behind a potentially brilliant career and will be tough for the Redskins to replace.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 15:52
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I don't mourn the death of a celebrity or athlete any more or less than I mourn the next guy. In the cosmic sense, it is an insignificant and trivial event. That being said, Sean Taylor was a treat to watch play safety. He was gritty, he hit harder than anyone on both sides of the ball and was prone to entertaining melt-downs on the field (spitting in pe ...[text shortened]... He leaves behind a potentially brilliant career and will be tough for the Redskins to replace.
    He was 24 and had a kid... I think of that more than anything he did on the field.

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," Portis said. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."

There are also those who say one's life-style will determine their 'death-style'. It's just sad that a young life is gone now due to violence. I'd feel the same way about a stranger who did not play NFL or was not a celebrity. Needless death sucks.

P-
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 20:38
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    He was 24 and had a kid... I think of that more than anything he did on the field.

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," Portis said. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."

There are also those who say one's ...[text shortened]... t a stranger who did not play NFL or was not a celebrity. Needless death sucks.

P-
    From what I understand someone had broken into his home a week or so earlier and left a kitchen knife on his bed. So if the two events are related in any way it looks like the killing was premeditated and intentional murder. But, it is interesting to me that he died from a leg wound as opposed to a head wound or something. I am interested to see if there will be more to the story.

Sean was an excellent Safety. When he hit someone you could really hear the pop. He missed a lot of tackles but knew how to go after the ball. Being that he was in the NFC East division I watched him often and knew he had fire on the field. I know he wasn't perfect but as a sports fan I just hate to see things like this happen. I know it happens all over the World too but I wish it wouldn't.

Is there a monster living under your bed?
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 20:44
    But, it is interesting to me that he died from a leg wound as opposed to a head wound or something.
    The Femoral Artery.

Look it up.

Lots of blood.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 20:46
    From what I understand someone had broken into his home a week or so earlier and left a kitchen knife on his bed. So if the two events are related in any way it looks like the killing was premeditated and intentional murder. But, it is interesting to me that he died from a leg wound as opposed to a head wound or something. I am interested to see if ther ...[text shortened]... s all over the World too but I wish it wouldn't.

Is there a monster living under your bed?
    They were talking with someone on Jim Rome today who said the phone lines were cut, and a door was kicked in. I don't know how accurate that info is... but sounds like something a thief would do. I had heard about the knife also.

What's this about a monster under the bed?

P-
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 21:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The Femoral Artery.

Look it up.

Lots of blood.
    I know about the artery, what I meant was, there were only two bullets fired from what I had read. Normally if someone is trying to kill you and have a few more bullets they might not be satisfied with just a bullet in the leg. They might go for a head shot of a few in the upper body. That was the only point. Sorry I didn't make it clear.
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 21:35
    They were talking with someone on Jim Rome today who said the phone lines were cut, and a door was kicked in. I don't know how accurate that info is... but sounds like something a thief would do. I had heard about the knife also.

What's this about a monster under the bed?

P-
    It does sound like a thief, I was just wondering if the two events were tied together and if it was a warning of intent to do physical harm.

The Monster thing was me just thinking I don't ever want to sleep again wandering what kind of monster might attack in the night. 😲 YouTube
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 19:00
    I'm hearing on the radio that there are 3 suspects (1 teen, and 2 guys in their 20's)

Detained, suspects in Florida.

I can't find the news online however.

P-
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 19:04
    I'm hearing on the radio that there are 3 suspects (1 teen, and 2 guys in their 20's)

P-
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7508184
  12. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 19:06

P-
    It's on www.espn.com

Although I have been watching espn2 and they have said nothing...oh wait...espnnews channel has something on it.

Dave
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    01 Dec '07 00:59
    Good information. Thanks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree