1. Joined
    16 Feb '11
    Moves
    16 Feb '11 17:32
    most goals most assists most points he has more assists than the person in second has points
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Feb '11 18:17
    He might be the greatest, but it is that age old argument about different generations and different conditions and different game style.

Certainly, Gordie Howe would have to be on the list right there with Gretzky.

This is no different than the Micheal Jordan as Greatest basketball player while Bill Russell, Kareem Jabbar, Larry Bird and even now some say Kobe Bryant.

In football you have the same arguments between eras as you also do in baseball.

I would say the very best are in a short list class by themselves.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 23:11
    Originally posted by genuis
    most goals most assists most points he has more assists than the person in second has points
    I agree 100%. Wayne Gretzky is the greatest hockey player there ever was...and the greatest that ever will be!😏
  4. Joined
    05 Apr '10
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 07:321 edit
    There's no question he's the greatest. Eight consecutive league MVP's?
    "Nuff said.
  5. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 10:15
    I'd say he is the greatest as well. Of course some of us didn't have the pleasure to witness some of the players before him. Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull to name a few.
    Let's ask this question....who are some of the other players that would make this an interesting debate.....Mario Lemieux, Brett Hull, Steve Yzerman were some great players, but they can't touch the Great one.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 19:50
    Originally posted by gort
    I'd say he is the greatest as well. Of course some of us didn't have the pleasure to witness some of the players before him. Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull to name a few.
    Let's ask this question....who are some of the other players that would make this an interesting debate.....Mario Lemieux, Brett Hull, Steve Yzerman were some great players, but they can't touch the Great one.
    Duh....Gordie Howe!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree