Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 22 Dec '06 19:39
    I was watching ESPN today and they were doing this thing set up called the "Sports Center Championship Series." I didn't see all of it , but they put teams up against each other and the experts would decide who would win. In the quarterfinals it was Michigan vs. Florida, and OSU vs. LSU. Well, Michigan won. And also, on the online poll, 71% said that Michigan would win, and 29% said Florida would win. Who should be playing who for the title?
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    22 Dec '06 19:42
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I was watching ESPN today and they were doing this thing set up called the "Sports Center Championship Series." I didn't see all of it , but they put teams up against each other and the experts would decide who would win. In the quarterfinals it was Michigan vs. Florida, and OSU vs. LSU. Well, Michigan won. And also, on the online poll, 71% said that Michigan would win, and 29% said Florida would win. Who should be playing who for the title?
    There should be a championship tournament with just Big Ten teams, of course. And if you lose once, you should get to keep playing again and again until you win.
  3. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Dec '06 19:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    There should be a championship tournament with just Big Ten teams, of course. And if you lose once, you should get to keep playing again and again until you win.
    Florida is going to get CRuSHeD.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    22 Dec '06 19:52
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Florida is going to get CRuSHeD.
    Give me 7 and I'll put $10 on it.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Dec '06 20:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Give me 7 and I'll put $10 on it.
    Do you have a vegas line on the game, that would be an interesting view.

    No, I'm not gonna put my money where my big fat mouth is!

    P-
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    22 Dec '06 20:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Do you have a vegas line on the game, that would be an interesting view.

    No, I'm not gonna put my money where my big fat mouth is!

    P-
    It started off at 9 and is down to 7 1/2. And you're YELLA!

    Interestingly, Michigan started as a two point favorite but is now a 1 point dog. Apparently the early money doesn't think they're all that. In fact, there are 7 Big Ten teams in Bowl games and every one but OSU is an underdog.
  7. 22 Dec '06 21:27
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Florida is going to get CRuSHeD.
    So true. It will be more like a citcom than a football game.
  8. 22 Dec '06 21:39
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    So true. It will be more like a citcom than a football game.
    Michigan sucks.
  9. 22 Dec '06 22:11
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Michigan sucks.
    That's how they got to be #3 in the country.