1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 13:58
    to my Chris Simon Simon thread? Not that it was an important thread or anything, just curious as to why it is missing.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 14:201 edit
    GAY.

The n-word was used but it was completely in context, in quotes and not at all offensive. He did call another player that.

Should I have said "n-word" instead? Would that be more acceptable? If I'm quoting Hemingway and Twain should I say "n-word" too?

Idiots.
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 14:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    GAY.

The n-word was used but it was completely in context, in quotes and not at all offensive. He did call another player that.

Should I have said "n-word" instead? Would that be more acceptable? If I'm quoting Hemingway and Twain should I say "n-word" too?

Idiots.
    I tend to agree. I created a thread about the censorship of a Xmas song, and used the censored words in context to highlight what had happened. My thread was removed. This place is getting too PC.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 14:43
    Originally posted by rhb
    I tend to agree. I created a thread about the censorship of a Xmas song, and used the censored words in context to highlight what had happened. My thread was removed. This place is getting too PC.
    I have to agree. I saw it and thought nothing of it. It was used in a proper context and not offensive at all. Thats a really crappy removal. C'mon mods, sometimes people have to suck it up and deal with it, the world can't be run by whiny cry babies. There was nothing wrong with how the "n-word" (pffttt) was used.
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 15:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    20 Dec '07 15:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Forum Moderator
    20 Dec '07 15:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    GAY.

Idiots.
    In or out of context isn't an issue here at RHP. It's not allowed.

Yes, your response would have been a bit safer if you used the term "N-word" or "N-bomb".

Moderators are not expected to research your swearing to make sure it was used "in context". It is simply not allowed here at RHP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree