1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    13 Nov '07 05:15
    Today on my sports they were saying Colts are no longer the second best team in the NFL. So who has moved to second knocking Colts to third or fourth place?

    Is it an AFC team, or is it Dallas?

    What is the second best team?

    P-
  2. Under Cover
    Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    28912
    13 Nov '07 06:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Today on my sports they were saying Colts are no longer the second best team in the NFL. So who has moved to second knocking Colts to third or fourth place?

    Is it an AFC team, or is it Dallas?

    What is the second best team?

    P-
    NFL standings so far:

    1. NE Patriots
    2. doesn't matter...

    😉
  3. This is embarrasking
    Joined
    17 Nov '05
    Moves
    38427
    13 Nov '07 07:211 edit
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    NFL standings so far:

    1. NE Patriots
    2. doesn't matter...

    😉
    The 'Dallas Cowboys' are tied with the 'Green Bay packers' for second place in the NFL with an 8-1 record. 'Green Bay' lost to 'Chicago Bears', a team that 'Dallas'beat pretty sound.

    The only reason 'Dallas' is not undefeated is because they got beat by the #1 Team the 'New England Patriots'. I have to give respect where respect is due. But otherwise, we the (Dallas Cowboys) would be the best team. Theres a lots of games left to go, so...

    We!!!!! Why do I always want to include myself? 😀
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    6163
    13 Nov '07 08:08
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Today on my sports they were saying Colts are no longer the second best team in the NFL. So who has moved to second knocking Colts to third or fourth place?

    Is it an AFC team, or is it Dallas?

    What is the second best team?

    P-
    I still think its the Colts. That SD game was a fluke. Peyton has never thrown 6 ints in a game and Vinatieri never misses clutch field goals. This is all coming from a Chargers fan btw.
  5. Under Cover
    Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    28912
    13 Nov '07 08:43
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    The 'Dallas Cowboys' are tied with the 'Green Bay packers' for second place in the NFL with an 8-1 record. 'Green Bay' lost to 'Chicago Bears', a team that 'Dallas'beat pretty sound.

    The only reason 'Dallas' is not undefeated is because they got beat by the #1 Team the 'New England Patriots'. I have to give respect where respect is due. But otherwis ...[text shortened]... s of games left to go, so...

    We!!!!! Why do I always want to include myself? 😀
    In all seriousness, Dallas and GB are both making a good case for themselves in the NFC. I have to say that I think Indy may be a bit overrated. It is true that NE barely won their matchup, but NE played a good portion of that game below their norm this year... similar to Indy's performance against SD Sunday. The fourth quarter showed NE completely dominating Indy, and firmly establishing their credibility as THE powerhouse in the league. Dallas and GB are perhaps equal in comparison to Indy and as far as who is the no 2 team? Anybody's guess. I hope that when the dust settles, whoever the NFC sends forward will at least make a game of it against the next Superbowl Champions, the New England Patriots.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    13 Nov '07 14:03
    Indy has been missing some key players of late, if they get them back they will be better.

    Dallas is a strong team...I would vote them second.

    NE
    Dallas
    Indy
    GB
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Nov '07 14:081 edit
    I gotta go with the Cowboys as well. Although they take a lot of penalties and seem rather undisciplined, they got great talent on both sides of the ball and play with a lot of swagger.

    Indy is just too banged up right now to be the second best team, although fully healthy they would easily be in the top two.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    13 Nov '07 14:17
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I gotta go with the Cowboys as well. Although they take a lot of penalties and seem rather undisciplined, they got great talent on both sides of the ball and play with a lot of swagger.

    Indy is just too banged up right now to be the second best team, although fully healthy they would easily be in the top two.
    How about the Steelers? They have a great D, a big time running back and a Super Bowl winning QB.

    I don't think any team in the NFC deserves to be in the top 4. The Cowboys' secondary is very shaky and besides getting thrashed by the Pats, they were very fortunate to win against Buffalo.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Nov '07 14:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How about the Steelers? They have a great D, a big time running back and a Super Bowl winning QB.

    I don't think any team in the NFC deserves to be in the top 4. The Cowboys' secondary is very shaky and besides getting thrashed by the Pats, they were very fortunate to win against Buffalo.
    The Steelers are a decent choice but their schedule is extremely light. Week 14 in New England will determine how far along that team is. But I agree, they do have a great D although let's face it - they barely won in Cleveland this week!

    The reason the Cowboys nearly lost to the Bills is because the Bills are the most underrated team in the AFC and had amazing support from the 12th man in that Monday night game (the first Monday nighter in nearly a decade). The same thing will happen this Sunday night when the Mighty Bills hand the Pats their first loss in front of 80,000 screaming fans (myself included!). You heard it here first!
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    13 Nov '07 14:431 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The Steelers are a decent choice but their schedule is extremely light. Week 14 in New England will determine how far along that team is. But I agree, they do have a great D although let's face it - they barely won in Cleveland this week!

    The reason the Cowboys nearly lost to the Bills is because the Bills are the most underrated team in the AFC and had ...[text shortened]... heir first loss in front of 80,000 screaming fans (myself included!). You heard it here first!
    Actually I heard it in the other thread first .......

    The Browns seem to be a pretty potent offensive squad. The Steelers schedule hasn't been too tough and they have lost a couple, but in all likelihood when they sail into New England they'll be 10-2. Since the Bills are certainly going to beat the Pats next week (according to you, but aren't they 15 point dogs?), that'll mean home field in the AFC might turn on that game.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Nov '07 14:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Actually I heard it in the other thread first .......

    The Browns seem to be a pretty potent offensive squad. The Steelers schedule hasn't been too tough and they have lost a couple, but in all likelihood when they sail into New England they'll be 10-2. Since the Bills are certainly going to beat the Pats next week (according to you, but aren't they 15 point dogs?), that'll mean home field in the AFC might turn on that game.
    15 point dogs, really?? Jesus Cristos, we're in for a real upset!
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39607
    13 Nov '07 14:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    15 point dogs, really?? Jesus Cristos, we're in for a real upset!
    Actually 15 1/2.

    http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    13 Nov '07 14:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Actually 15 1/2.

    http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml
    Belichick has had 2 weeks to plan ahead for this game. No doubt he has cooked up some kind of crooked underhanded scheme to gain an advantage. A convenient misinterpretation of sorts. But PAY NO MIND! Put the entire house and practice down on the Bills, no1, you will not be sorry.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    13 Nov '07 15:15
    This is some interesting posting going on guys, I just got off the phone and will need some time to catch up. Thanx for the contributions.

    P-
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    13 Nov '07 16:13
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Actually 15 1/2.

    http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml
    That darned half point gets me every time 😠
Back to Top