1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 14:582 edits
    www.vote756.com

I'm sure you baseball fans know about this. Mark Ecko has put the fate of Barry Bonds' 756th home run ball in the hands of the public. Either bestow it, brand it, or banish it.

While I'm sure this is nothing more than a publicity thing, I still voted to take my rightful place in baseball history and you should do the same. 😏

EDIT - I voted 'brand it'.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 16:16
    Originally posted by darvlay
    www.vote756.com

I'm sure you baseball fans know about this. Mark Ecko has put the fate of Barry Bonds' 756th home run ball in the hands of the public. Either bestow it, brand it, or banish it.

While I'm sure this is nothing more than a publicity thing, I still voted to take my rightful place in baseball history and you should do the same. 😏

Where is the option to shove it up Barry's Beefroid injected rump!?

P-
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 16:38
    I agree that Barry cheated. I think it ruins ALL of his accomplishments. I would love to see him out of baseball. I would not vote for him for the Hall of Fame and I would not be bothered if Hank Aaron was recognized as the all time homerun king. But what exactly is the point of writing an asteric on the baseball or shooting it into outerspace.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Sep '07 18:43
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    I agree that Barry cheated. I think it ruins ALL of his accomplishments. I would love to see him out of baseball. I would not vote for him for the Hall of Fame and I would not be bothered if Hank Aaron was recognized as the all time homerun king. But what exactly is the point of writing an asteric on the baseball or shooting it into outerspace.
    The guy owns the ball, and it is his to do as he pleases. He's decided to let the public decide.

Imagine the ball is in the hall of fame, and he's burned asterisks on it for everyone to see. Would they even display the ball? I wonder.

Either way, I think it's great because Berroid was very upset and called the guy and idiot and some other things. Take that, beefer!

P-
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:35
    The results are in and the ball is being branded and shipped to Cooperstown. I can't say I'm disappointed!
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 15:07
    The results are in and the ball is being branded and shipped to Cooperstown. I can't say I'm disappointed!
    They won't display it.

P-
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 17:40
    www.vote756.com

I would like to see that baseball bean off the head of the top man in congress and the irs for forcing him to give it up.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 18:10
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I would like to see that baseball bean off the head of the top man in congress and the irs for forcing him to give it up.
    Matt Murphy sold the ball because he believed they would tax him for having the ball. I think it was an excuse to get cash and not feel guilty for not giving the ball to the MLB hall of fame.

How can you prove the worth of something that has never been sold? All the ball was worth at that time was the cost of his ticket to get into the stadium if anything. Any lawyer could have handled the IRS if they tried to treat the ball for any worth over the ticket price.

He made his money, and this guy purchased the ball to make a statement. Once the ball was sold, now you could be taxed on it.

P-
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 18:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    They won't display it.

P-
    We'll see about that, fat-body!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 18:581 edit
    We'll see about that, fat-body!
    http://www.weddingthings.com/Merchant2/graphics/confectionery/syrup_leaf300.jpg

http://www.kitchenetc.com/images/products/shprodde/178464.jpg
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 19:27
    http://www.weddingthings.com/Merchant2/graphics/confectionery/syrup_leaf300.jpg

http://www.kitchenetc.com/images/products/shprodde/178464.jpg
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8547285560243429315
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 19:45
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8547285560243429315
    We always hurt the ones we love.

😞

P-
  13. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 19:49
    Matt Murphy sold the ball because he believed they would tax him for having the ball. I think it was an excuse to get cash and not feel guilty for not giving the ball to the MLB hall of fame.

How can you prove the worth of something that has never been sold? All the ball was worth at that time was the cost of his ticket to get into the stadium if anyt ...[text shortened]... hased the ball to make a statement. Once the ball was sold, now you could be taxed on it.

P-
    The ball was given up (sold) because of the irs claim. I doubt that he could fight the irs in court or anywhere else for that matter. Even if you do win a court case vs the irs you still have to pay your attourny's fee and all of the expenses? I would still like to see that baseball bean congress and the irs.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 20:17
    Originally posted by gambit3
    The ball was given up (sold) because of the irs claim. I doubt that he could fight the irs in court or anywhere else for that matter. Even if you do win a court case vs the irs you still have to pay your attourny's fee and all of the expenses? I would still like to see that baseball bean congress and the irs.
    Eh, I still feel he's making excuses. Now, if he had insured the ball for a lot of money I guess that would give it value.

All he would have needed to do was find a lawyer who was a baseball fan and they could play catch with the ball in his backyard... that's got to be worth a lawyer's fee!

😉

Oh, and by all means SOMEONE needs that ball up side their head.

P-
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 21:21
    Eh, I still feel he's making excuses. Now, if he had insured the ball for a lot of money I guess that would give it value.

All he would have needed to do was find a lawyer who was a baseball fan and they could play catch with the ball in his backyard... that's got to be worth a lawyer's fee!

😉

Oh, and by all means SOMEONE needs that ball up side their head.

P-
    Its just a ball, its not the balls fault. Throw bonds at someones head.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree