Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 30 Apr '09 05:23
    For all the runners who wish to talk about their glory days or recent happenings in the world of track and any other running.

    400 meters- 58.4

    800 meters- 2:16.2

    1600- 4:58

    5000 meters- 18:12
  2. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    30 Apr '09 17:33
    Speed kills!! nuff said!!
  3. 30 Apr '09 19:09 / 2 edits
    5000 - 14:55
    10000 - 31:47

    this was when I was in college in the mid-80s -- then I got slower (too quickly) -- but my chess is probably a lot better now

    so jman, how's your season going?
  4. 30 Apr '09 22:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    5000 - 14:55
    10000 - 31:47

    this was when I was in college in the mid-80s -- then I got slower (too quickly) -- but my chess is probably a lot better now

    so jman, how's your season going?
    wow thats amazing. My track season is going alright. Gonna run the mile for the first time this season. I'm being challenged by my norway exchange student runner. Im gonna take him down.
  5. 01 May '09 05:51
    Originally posted by jman566
    For all the runners who wish to talk about their glory days or recent happenings in the world of track and any other running.

    400 meters- 58.4

    800 meters- 2:16.2

    1600- 4:58

    5000 meters- 18:12
    100 meters- 12.2
    on a grass track in north london with no spikes (back in the 70s) when i was 15 years old.
  6. 09 May '09 10:59
    Originally posted by spurs73
    100 meters- 12.2
    on a grass track in north london with no spikes (back in the 70s) when i was 15 years old.
    From the toilet to the bar , collecting a tray with 5 pints of best bitter ,slipping on a slice of lemon ,recovering to swerve past fatty arbuckle taking a seat , sly glance at sexy sarah,s cleverage on the way , and sitting down to watch the footie on the box without spilling a drop ... 9.5 seconds ( in the 70,s when i was 90 yrs old }