1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    10 Feb '08 14:19
    what team do you think plays the best football in the premiership....

    i would have to say arsenal, i saw them play the other week and gotta say they are just awesome... just for the record, i hate them, but their style of play is something else...

    at one stage the ball was crossed in, one player dummied, other flicked it over a defender, and another vollied it.... missed the goal, but that's the closest to brazillian play we get in the premiership, they deserve the premiership

    just for the record, the worse i've seen is newcastle
  2. Joined
    11 Jan '08
    Moves
    96
    10 Feb '08 14:31
    Arsenal are by far the most attractive team to watch in the Premier league. They do everything with style and flair. This season it seems to be paying off for them, but I don't think they'll be top of the league at the end of the season.
    There are a few other teams out there that can play some good football too, Tottenham can, occasionally, Man Utd, obviously and even Chelsea, though not to the standard that Abramovich wants.
    It is very boring to watch a game where the ball is just hoofed up the field, but at times you can't blame a team for just wanting results. It's points that you move you up at the table at the end of the day, not style.
  3. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    10 Feb '08 14:33
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    what team do you think plays the best football in the premiership....

    i would have to say arsenal, i saw them play the other week and gotta say they are just awesome... just for the record, i hate them, but their style of play is something else...

    at one stage the ball was crossed in, one player dummied, other flicked it over a defender, and anothe ...[text shortened]... iership, they deserve the premiership

    just for the record, the worse i've seen is newcastle
    yeah they are good to watch, but so are MAN U, they play same good stuff when Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo and Giggs go into full over drive.

    ..also Spurs under the new managerment have started to play some great stuff.

    The two games against united, spurs played some great football, with two attacking full-backs and two wide men.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    10 Feb '08 14:35
    I'd have to reluctantly agree that Arsenal are good to watch this season...
    The worst has to be Bolton doesn't it?
  5. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    10 Feb '08 14:36
    The best football TEAM i have ever seen in my lifetime has to be the BRAZIL of 1982.

    THE GREATEST TEAM EVER, NOT TO WIN THE WORLD CUP.
  6. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    10 Feb '08 14:46
    Originally posted by spurs73
    The best football TEAM i have ever seen in my lifetime has to be the BRAZIL of 1982.

    THE GREATEST TEAM EVER, NOT TO WIN THE WORLD CUP.
    Good call S73....

    ...and what a fantastic quarter-final that was against Italy? One of THE best WC matches EVER!

    Domestically, Liverpool in the late 70's/early 80's were a phenomenal side...
  7. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    10 Feb '08 14:54
    Originally posted by blade68
    Good call S73....

    ...and what a fantastic quarter-final that was against Italy? One of THE best WC matches EVER!

    Domestically, Liverpool in the late 70's/early 80's were a phenomenal side...
    WBA under Atkinson was good to watch for a few season, a young Robson (whatever happened to him!?), cunningham, regis, batson, and big John While with the captains arm band.
  8. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    10 Feb '08 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    The best football TEAM i have ever seen in my lifetime has to be the BRAZIL of 1982.

    THE GREATEST TEAM EVER, NOT TO WIN THE WORLD CUP.
    Brazil of 82 was the best attacking team I've ever seen, pity they couldn't defend.

    Arsenal I think play the best football but they only have one way of playing.

    United play the most diverse exciting and unpredictable football.

    And after todays Manchetser Derby I'm going back to bed with a vodka (its 7.30am) here.

    Well done City, nice to see them respect the 1 minute silence and they deserved the victory.

    Thats 3 in a row, the last 3 games Rooney has missed, United have lost.
    Maybe we are a one man side.

    Oh and I've changed my mind.
    I'm fed up with Ferdinand, he makes too many mistakes.
  9. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    10 Feb '08 15:46
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    [I'm fed up with Ferdinand, he makes too many mistakes.[/b]
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

    ...well...some of us have tryed to tell you.....
  10. LA
    Joined
    30 Mar '07
    Moves
    19743
    10 Feb '08 15:52
    Originally posted by spurs73
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

    ...well...some of us have tryed to tell you.....
    I think you are right and I'll admit when I'm proven wrong.
    He's a good defender but he is just making too many mistakes.
    Vidic makes him look better than he actually is.
  11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    10 Feb '08 16:18
    Originally posted by spurs73
    yeah they are good to watch, but so are MAN U, they play same good stuff when Rooney, Giggs, Ronaldo and Giggs go into full over drive.

    ..also Spurs under the new managerment have started to play some great stuff.

    The two games against united, spurs played some great football, with two attacking full-backs and two wide men.
    yeah, man u as well..... have you ever noticed how often man u will just sit back, quite happy to defend then catch you on the break...

    i think they have to be the fatest team in the premiership to get from one end to the other, they've been playing this way for years, it's kinda a catch 22 situation for the other team, you have to attack so you go at them, once they get the ball from you they break so fast the defence just cant get organised that quickly
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    10 Feb '08 17:12
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    what team do you think plays the best football
    NY giants.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    10 Feb '08 17:39
    Originally posted by Red Night
    NY giants.
    Nice to see you stay in character, Troll...
  14. Bramall Lane
    Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    38214
    10 Feb '08 17:59
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I think you are right and I'll admit when I'm proven wrong.
    He's a good defender but he is just making too many mistakes.
    Vidic makes him look better than he actually is.
    Bloody hell!!!! You have been on the vodka!
    What an admission!!!!

    Anyone with half a football brain could see that Ferdinand has never been anywhere near as good as the press would have you believe!

    Welcome to earth ROAB!!!

    😉
    🙂
  15. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    10 Feb '08 19:42
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    yeah, man u as well..... have you ever noticed how often man u will just sit back, quite happy to defend then catch you on the break...

    i think they have to be the fatest team in the premiership to get from one end to the other, they've been playing this way for years, it's kinda a catch 22 situation for the other team, you have to attack so you go at ...[text shortened]... they get the ball from you they break so fast the defence just cant get organised that quickly
    ...personaly i think arsenal are the best team to break from the back quick.. they put those passes togather and the next minute they are in your penalty box.

    As for united..do you remember the 70s when they had Hill and Copple on the wings and Alberstone and Houston over-lapping from the full-back positions?
Back to Top