1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 07:422 edits
    1. They're undefeated; the only other team in Division I that is undefeated is Ohio State.

2. They blasted Oregon State which upset Southern Cal.

3. It's a great Cinderella story. Part of what makes March Madness great is when mid-majors play the "power" conferences and knock them off or even give them a good game. This would be the ultimate upset if Boise State beat Ohio State.

4. Rematches between two teams in the same conference?😴

5. Southern Cal AGAIN in the Title game?😴

6. The WAC ain't that bad; Hawaii the number 2 team in the WAC just beat Purdue which tied for 4th in the Big Ten. Nevada beat Northwestern as well. San Jose State beat Stanford and played a tight game with Washington. Fresno State lost close games to Oregon and Washington. Outside of Ohio State's win over Texas and Michigan's win over Notre Dame, no Big Ten team had a quality win.

7. They're going to be in a BCS game anyway (they're currently 8th and they're done with their regular season). If they're good enough to play in the Fiesta against top 15 teams like Oklahoma or Nebraska, why not the title game?

So get on the Boise bandwagon!
  2. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 09:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    1. They're undefeated; the only other team in Division I that is undefeated is Ohio State.

3. It's a great Cinderella story. Part of what makes March Madness great is when mid-majors play the "power" conferences and knock them off or even give them a good game. This would be the ultimate upset ...[text shortened]... Oklahoma or Nebraska, why not the title game?

It will never happen and if it did OSU would blow them out.
  3. over there
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 12:00

3. It's a great Cinderella story. Part of what makes March Madness great is when mid-majors play the "power" conferences and knock them off or even give them a good game. This would be the ultimate upset ...[text shortened]... Oklahoma or Nebraska, why not the title game?

I somewhat agree but they will just get murdered. Michigan should play OSU again.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 14:06
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Michigan should play OSU again.
    I concur. Michigan lost be 3 to OSU on the road. No one deserves it more.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 14:22
    Thanks for all the well thought out replies.
  6. Joined
    18 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 16:47

I think you're absolutely right. Boise State should have the opportunity to play OSU. It's time to let the WAC, Mid-Am and some of the other conferences get a shot at the really big money in college sports.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 17:50
    It would be a terrible game, OSU would destroy them. Its going to be USC(again) and OSU because USC beat up on ND real bad. OSU doesn't even want to play Michigan again because they already beat them, I agree, it should be someone they didn't play, but not Boise St.
  8. over there
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 20:12
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I concur. Michigan lost be 3 to OSU on the road. No one deserves it more.
    Yes. Also, Michigan had an early injury in the 1st quarter. There was also a costly penalty in the end that if Michigan didn't make, OSu would have been forced to try the field goal because it would be 4th and 15. And like you said, this was an away game for them.
  9. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 04:49

...3. It's a great Cinderella story. Part of what makes March Madness great is when mid-majors play the "power" conferences and knock them off or even give them a good game. This would be the ultimate upset if Boise State beat Ohio State.

I agree... One thing I can't stand about sportswriters in general is their hypocrisy in this regard. You can't find a sportswriter who doesn't claim that they always root for the underdog (other than when their own favorite team is playing, of course), they claim that they love the Cinderella story...well, what better Cinderella story than Boise State this year? They all talked about what a great story it was when George Mason made it to the Final Four last season... and yet, when it comes to football, we can't get a Cinderella story, because the writers (in part) determine who's #1, #2, etc...

4. Rematches between two teams in the same conference?😴

I agree, I do not think Michigan should get a rematch. For one thing, we're telling Ohio State "OK, you beat Michigan...good job...now beat 'em again so that you can prove that you didn't just win because you were at home".

Also, I don't think it's right to say to Michigan "OK, it's true that you didn't even win your own conference, but we're going to give you another shot at it..and if you win, you'll be national champs, and it won't matter than you already lost the Big 10 Title to the Buckeyes".

Michigan had their shot...they lost... so what if the game was at Ohio State... the Buckeyes have beaten the Wolverines 3 years in a row... doesn't matter where the game was.

5. Southern Cal AGAIN in the Title game?😴

I actually wouldn't mind at all seeing them against Ohio State if that's how things work out... USC seems to be peaking... like everyone else, I do want to see a great National Title game, and with both teams, and both coaches, having recent national championship experience (and success), I think both coaches would have their teams ready to play when the time comes...

That would be one thing working against Boise State in going up against the Buckeyes in a potential title matchup... being ready to play when the time comes... they'd have enough things going against them with the talent on Ohio State, but I wouldn't mind seeing Boise State get their shot at a title...

Obviously, anything can happen in a championship game...when Miami won their first title, it was against a Nebraska team that was being talked about (at the time) as being the greatest college team of all time... their offense was unstoppable... and they did score 30 in the championship game (but gave up 31)... and no one is talking about today's Ohio State team in the same terms as Nebraska was being discussed at that time... so Ohio State is definitely beatable, if they don't come ready to play...

Boise State isn't going to get their shot this time... maybe one day the college football wizards will get as excited about a Cinderella football team as they always seem to get about Cinderella basketball teams... maybe if B.State can win 13 out of 12 games next year, they'll have a better chance...

As a Rutgers grad, I've got my own bandwagon!

But congratulations to Boise State on a great season, and good luck in their bowl game (unless they play Rutgers)...
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 05:21
    I understand now. I've been trying to figure this out and now I understand!

What I see is a bunch of Ohio State fans saying, "let us play Rutgers, Boise State or Florida. We'll even play USC, but please, please, don't make us play Michigan again."

And you know what, I don't blame you. If I were you guys I wouldn't want to face them again on a neutral field either.

But understand, that the rest of sports fans want to see the two best teams.

Maybe we should just send USC and Michigan to the title game?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 07:39
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I understand now. I've been trying to figure this out and now I understand!

What I see is a bunch of Ohio State fans saying, "let us play Rutgers, Boise State or Florida. We'll even play USC, but please, please, don't make us play Michigan again."

And you know what, I don't blame you. If I were you guys I wouldn't want to face them again on a neut ...[text shortened]... see the two best teams.

Maybe we should just send USC and Michigan to the title game?
    Wrong. It's seem to be a general rule that idiots on this forum don't feel any need to actually discuss the points raised; they simply cry "You're a X fan; what do you expect?" I was a Rutgers fan in another thread and now I'm a OSU fan.

A team that can't even win it's own conference doesn't deserve a shot at the national title. End of story. And I'm a Notre Dame fan if you must know; and they don't even deserve a BCS bowl shot (though they'll probably get one because of the almighty buck).
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 07:46
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Yes. Also, Michigan had an early injury in the 1st quarter. There was also a costly penalty in the end that if Michigan didn't make, OSu would have been forced to try the field goal because it would be 4th and 15. And like you said, this was an away game for them.
    Boo Hoo. Michigan lost; how many shots at beating OSU each season should they get?
  13. over there
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 11:37
    Boo Hoo. Michigan lost; how many shots at beating OSU each season should they get?
    1 more because they deserve it. It would be a good game to watch. Anything else would result in a blowout.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 11:55

It's a flawed system just like the clan system.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 13:20
    There really is no argument for Bosie State. If you play in a really tough conference plus play good teams out of conference and have one loss, you are more impressive than if you are undefeated but are in the WAC. Rooting for the underdog does not change this reality. Michigan went through the whole big ten plus beat Notre Dame. Their only loss is 3 points at Ohio State. USC has one loss plus they beat Notre Dame. Florida plays in the SEC, the toughest conference and has only 1 loss. Any of these three are a better choice than Ohio State. The BCS which isn't perfect (but of course nothing is) recognizes this as does every computer and ever expert. If Boise wants to play with the Big boys in January: join a powerhouse conference and schedule games against top 10 opponents and if they end the year 11-1 then they can get their shot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree