1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    09 Nov '14 23:19
    The Dallas Cowboys defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars in London 31-17.
    I'll say this much, the people in London must be starting to enjoy NFL Football. The stadium looked packed. I noticed that the crowd seemed to cheer the most when the football was kicked. 🙂 That's understandable I suppose. The fans there were great. Thanks.

It seems to be a lot of travel involved in bringing the NFL to Europe, but I kind of think it is really cool. I'm hoping someday we can bring the sport to all of Europe and beyond. Make it a true World sport. At least bring some of the European athletes in for a try out. There has got to be some good undiscovered talent there.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 00:06
    The Jags will be moving to London in a few years, that seems to the the general conscious here. The thing about it that I don't like is when there's a London game on the TV they always show that game here, they only get one game at each time slot and no offense to Dallas and the Jags but the 49ers and Saints were playing at the same time and no real fan wants to watch a forth rate Jags team get pounded by a Dallas team that no one likes. To make it worse the other game looked a cracker.
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 00:59
    Originally posted by Trev33
    The Jags will be moving to London in a few years, that seems to the the general conscious here. The thing about it that I don't like is when there's a London game on the TV they always show that game here, they only get one game at each time slot and no offense to Dallas and the Jags but the 49ers and Saints were playing at the same time and no real fan wants ...[text shortened]... et pounded by a Dallas team that no one likes. To make it worse the other game looked a cracker.
    I'm sorry to hear that a 1/9 team like the Jags would go to London. They deserve better. On the other hand there is an article where Jerry Jones Owner of the Cowboys is quoted as saying he is interested in buying an NFL team and putting it in London. May be he wants to buy the Jags.

I agree there was a better games to watch though. Maybe invest in a total NFL satellite package. There must be something available there. I think the Cowboys ticket sales and merchandise sales disproves your theory that no one likes the Dallas Cowboys. There are a lot of jealous teams and fans though. Love us or hate us, either way we draw attention.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 01:30
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I'm sorry to hear that a 1/9 team like the Jags would go to London. They deserve better. On the other hand there is an article where Jerry Jones Owner of the Cowboys is quoted as saying he is interested in buying an NFL team and putting it in London. May be he wants to buy the Jags.

I agree there was a better games to watch though. Maybe invest in a ...[text shortened]... re are a lot of jealous teams and fans though. Love us or hate us, either way we draw attention.
    Only one network has the rights for the day Sunday games and they can only show two game, one after the other. Usually their picks are good but to make in even worse the free to view channel that has the rights to Sunday night football also have the rights to show all the London games live so we end up having two networks showing the same chitty game.

Over the years I've never really had one favorite NFL team, just a few that I like a lot. One of those teams is the NY Giants ergo the Cowboys can suck it 😛
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    10 Nov '14 02:14
    Only one network has the rights for the day Sunday games and they can only show two game, one after the other. Usually their picks are good but to make in even worse the free to view channel that has the rights to Sunday night football also have the rights to show all the London games live so we end up having two networks showing the same chitty game.

Over ...[text shortened]... ust a few that I like a lot. One of those teams is the NY Giants ergo the Cowboys can suck it 😛
    That sucks, we can pay extra to get them all, but on regular cable or satellite we only get 4 games in 2 time slots. But then we also get a Monday night game and sometimes a Thursday night game. Even so we don't always get the best games either.

You sure picked a loser of a team to like. The NY Midgets suck worse than the Philadelphia Buzzards. Nah, The Green Bay Packers are the good guys and the Pittsburgh Steelers are where it's at. All others can all be packaged and shipped out for all I care. Other than the cowpokes of course. We have a few more games yet, but I believe the Midgets are going to stay on the bottom where they belong this year. But I feel your pain Bro.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 01:05
    That sucks, we can pay extra to get them all, but on regular cable or satellite we only get 4 games in 2 time slots. But then we also get a Monday night game and sometimes a Thursday night game. Even so we don't always get the best games either.

You sure picked a loser of a team to like. The NY Midgets suck worse than the Philadelphia Buzzards. Nah, ...[text shortened]... e Midgets are going to stay on the bottom where they belong this year. But I feel your pain Bro.
    Yeah we get the Monday and Thursday night game as well, well a separate network that I don't have gets the Monday night game which sucks because I'm on Tuesdays and could stay up and watch it. Can't see the Sunday or Thursday night games because of work the following day.

49ers, Ravens and Pats are my other teams that I like. Last year SP was painful to watch, dislike the Seahawks and never liked the Broncos. Stupid 49ers cost me money, not many plays that I remember years after but that last intercepted throw against the Hawks to make the SP will be one of them.

Great game though, not sure why it 's not bigger in Europe.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 05:471 edit
    Yeah we get the Monday and Thursday night game as well, well a separate network that I don't have gets the Monday night game which sucks because I'm on Tuesdays and could stay up and watch it. Can't see the Sunday or Thursday night games because of work the following day.

49ers, Ravens and Pats are my other teams that I like. Last year SP was painful to w ...[text shortened]... make the SP will be one of them.

Great game though, not sure why it 's not bigger in Europe.
    I have to agree with you about the Ravens. Year in and year out their defense has been outstanding. I like the way they attack the football. I mean they want it and somehow they usually get it. I'm all about defense.

I think Europe is starting to come around and especially when the NFL invites them in with their own team. You know Trev I'm pretty impressed with your knowledge of the NFL. Very good.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 23:24
    I have to agree with you about the Ravens. Year in and year out their defense has been outstanding. I like the way they attack the football. I mean they want it and somehow they usually get it. I'm all about defense.

I think Europe is starting to come around and especially when the NFL invites them in with their own team. You know Trev I'm pretty impressed with your knowledge of the NFL. Very good.
    I was into Baseball and football since the late 90s, Marlins won the first world series that I remember watching. Don't get to see much baseball anymore though as I don;t have the channel that shows it here since it moved to ppv. Prefer watching football now though, although that comeback by the Sox over the Yankees will forever be one of the greatest sporting spectacles ever. Actually went to see a WS game in Denver in 2008.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 04:37

I agree there was a better games to watch though. Maybe invest in a ...[text shortened]... re are a lot of jealous teams and fans though. Love us or hate us, either way we draw attention.
    They show have rules in only owning one team. Just like in the NBA you have to be voted in by all the other owners.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 06:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    They show have rules in only owning one team. Just like in the NBA you have to be voted in by all the other owners.
    This is true, and there are rules like that to my knowledge, but we are talking about Jerry Jones. He will find a way if he really wants to do it. He might give the Cowboys to his kids and go wild cat. I think the Green bay packers are owned by the town of Green bay. So I guess rules can be bent. I mean I agree with you...they should also have a rule about one US president per family but apparently we had two Bush presidencies.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 20:50
    This is true, and there are rules like that to my knowledge, but we are talking about Jerry Jones. He will find a way if he really wants to do it. He might give the Cowboys to his kids and go wild cat. I think the Green bay packers are owned by the town of Green bay. So I guess rules can be bent. I mean I agree with you...they should also have a rule about one US president per family but apparently we had two Bush presidencies.
    The Bush family wasn't the first.
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    15 Nov '14 06:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The Bush family wasn't the first.
    No, but it was the most recent.
  13. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 12:20
    I hope it's not Wimbledon. Both teams will have to wear white and they'll get caught up in the net. It was Wembley but I can't see a team being based there for a full season. The packed stadium may have been the rarity of the event. Terrestrial TV coverage was better in the 80s. I could have named all the teams and a lot of the players in that era. Nowadays it's one late night highlights program. NFL Europe has been done before but couldn't sustain itself. The London Monarchs died out in 1998 after having to move from Wembley due to dwindling attendances. Personally I used to immensely enjoy watching the game. More than Rugby.
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 20:16
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    I hope it's not Wimbledon. Both teams will have to wear white and they'll get caught up in the net. It was Wembley but I can't see a team being based there for a full season. The packed stadium may have been the rarity of the event. Terrestrial TV coverage was better in the 80s. I could have named all the teams and a lot of the players in that era. Nowada ...[text shortened]... dwindling attendances. Personally I used to immensely enjoy watching the game. More than Rugby.
    I honestly don't know what will happen if anything...I just like the idea of including the rest of the world. Wimbledon has a great history and it was fun for an expedition game, but if it seriously takes off there will have to be new stadiums built. Maybe there could be a spot open up in the area somewhere close though.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 00:551 edit
    The Dallas Cowboys defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars in London 31-17.
    I'll say this much, the people in London must be starting to enjoy NFL Football. The stadium looked packed. I noticed that the crowd seemed to cheer the most when the football was kicked. 🙂 That's understandable I suppose. The fans there were great. Thanks.

It seems to be a lot o ...[text shortened]... the European athletes in for a try out. There has got to be some good undiscovered talent there.
    I love the idea of putting an NFL team in London. Yes, they'd never be able to host a Super Bowl (unless they want to start the game at 11 PM local time). But timing issue seem okay. They'd be in the 1:00 PM ET slot on Sunday which is 6:00 PM local time, not a bad spot. If they hosted a playoff game, they'd have to be given the early slots, but that's no big deal. They would not be able to host a Sunday, Monday or Thursday night game, of course, but again, no huge deal.

The travel problem doesn't seem insurmountable. New York travels as far to play Seattle as it would to play London. The London team could play at home for a few weeks and then come stateside for 3 straight games. When the Atlanta Falcons were in the NFC West, I'l bet their travel was almost as bad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree