World Cup of Football/Soccer Brasil 2014

World Cup of Football/Soccer Brasil 2014

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
20 Jun 14

It would be cool to see Costa Rica hold on and beat Italy.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
20 Jun 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
It would be cool to see Costa Rica hold on and beat Italy.
It was.

R

California

Moves
20 Jun 14

If you were in costa Rica spot where you already clinched the group would you rest your starters for the third game against England?

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
20 Jun 14

Originally posted by Helder Octavio
CRC 1 x 3 ITA
SWI 0 x 0 FRA
EQU 2 x 0 HON
Costa Rica 1 x 0 Italy. WOW!!!
Right now: France 2 x 0 Switzerland. 2 x WOW!!!

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
20 Jun 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
If you were in costa Rica spot where you already clinched the group would you rest your starters for the third game against England?
probably not, since it is near to inconceivable that CR will win the cup, but they could still win the group which is a bit of honour, and the probable opponents don't look overly strong.

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
21 Jun 14

CRC 1 x 3 ITA
SWI 0 x 0 FRA
EQU 2 x 0 HON
Equador 2 x 1 Honduras. Great game!
I math the winner, but not the score. Argh!

R

California

Moves
21 Jun 14
1 edit

Equador 2 x 1 Honduras. Great game!
I math the winner, but not the score. Argh!
If USA can win their group they could play on the 4th of July in round 2 of the playoffs! It would most likely be against France too. 🙁

R

California

Moves
21 Jun 14
2 edits

Saturday:

Argentina over Iran 3-1.

Germany will beat Ghana 4-0.

Nigeria will draw against Bosnia and Herzegovina 0-0.

M

Moves
21 Jun 14

The legend of CONCACAF continues...

p

Moves
21 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I think your criticism is unwarranted Phil, really, England did not play badly at all in both games and the outcome of both may have been very different if not for Pirlo in the first game who is as close to a football genius as we are likely to see in this world cup and Suarez and in fact i think that both the goals in the Uruguay match were against ...[text shortened]... . It comes down to what the legendary Clough stated, tactics don't win you matches, players do.
It's the movement off the ball that concerns me , if you watch France ,Germany and Holland players create space and want the ball .
England plod along ,no movement ,no players creating space ,they then pass the ball back and then when they run out off ideas pass to Hart who then hooves it up the pitch and nine times out of ten England lose possession .
I don't understand after all the hours they spend on the training ground that this problem is not sorted out ,the players are capable but none stand up and be counted when it matters.
The first thing when you start playing football at a level is to always expect the unexpected as Suarez did after Gerrard's mistake but no England player did .
I hope England get whooped against C.R then Hodgeson could if he wanted but I doubt it, start from scratch and clear out the dead wood .
If Cloughie was in charge I think he would have cracked a few of the England players round the back of their heads .
😠😠

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
21 Jun 14

Originally posted by phil3000
I hope England get whooped against C.R then Hodgeson could if he wanted but I doubt it, start from scratch and clear out the dead wood .
You assume Woy Hodgson is gonna still be in the job after this mess??

Harry Redknapp for next England Manager.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
You assume Woy Hodgson is gonna still be in the job after this mess??

Harry Redknapp for next England Manager.
'arry is too controversial for the English F.A., he is liable to tell them where to get off. Great manager though, I hope he kicks spurs a$$ for what they did to him, man they were an awesome team to watch under 'arry and then went to the most boring team in EPL history under Boas

rc

Moves
21 Jun 14

It's the movement off the ball that concerns me , if you watch France ,Germany and Holland players create space and want the ball .
England plod along ,no movement ,no players creating space ,they then pass the ball back and then when they run out off ideas pass to Hart who then hooves it up the pitch and nine times out of ten England lose possession .
I ...[text shortened]... I think he would have cracked a few of the England players round the back of their heads .
😠😠
aye and then insulted their wags just for good measure, dude was a genius.

S

Utrecht

Moves
21 Jun 14

I ...[text shortened]... I think he would have cracked a few of the England players round the back of their heads .
😠😠
Agree with Robbie. England didn't play bad. They were fresh as I haven't seen them for years. And not to forget, Italy, Uruguay and big surprise Costa Rica in the group, makes it a coin flip.
But still, since decades and decades, England lacks football inteligence and technical skills.
The players have turned into powerhouses. It's all hardworking, sleeves rolled up, agression. No fun at all in playing so it appears.
Expectations are sky high, so is the pressure and the criticism is so below the belt as always. A terrible enviroment to perform.

S

Utrecht

Moves
21 Jun 14

It's sad to watch Brasil play. Where is their fun and creativity? They all look like heavy weight champs.
Their top players are spoiled with European tactics and vision I'm afraid.