1. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 00:16
    the worst player to wear your clubs shirt.......

marco boogers (dutch).....made his debut at old trafford and got sent off after 10 mins, was living in a caravan and then diganoised schitzrophenic! never played again and sent back to holland......any one know any worse?
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 00:21
    Originally posted by wideawake
    the worst player to wear your clubs shirt.......

marco boogers (dutch).....made his debut at old trafford and got sent off after 10 mins, was living in a caravan and then diganoised schitzrophenic! never played again and sent back to holland......any one know any worse?
    I dont even remember him, which year?

I never liked jason Dazzel..come from Ipswich..was rubbish
    also Jason cundy...always injured!

But i cant beat your story๐Ÿ˜ต
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 00:22
    Originally posted by spurs73
    I dont even remember him, which year?

I never liked jason Dazzel..come from Ipswich..was rubbish
    also Jason cundy...always injured!

But i cant beat your story๐Ÿ˜ต
    1995 cost a million.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 00:45
    1995 cost a million.
    http://www.punkfootball.co.uk/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=41
  5. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 00:48
    http://www.punkfootball.co.uk/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=41
    spurs73 love it........ must get 1๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 00:59
    Blimey, Palace have had a few. Brolin is often touted as one of them, but to be fair he never had a chance. Leeds played as a week or so after he arrived and their mercilous taunts shredded the man of confidence. The talent and touch that he had playing for Sweden wouldn´t have completely disappeared.

Some of our so called big wastes of money have gone on to do quite well elsewhere Ade Akinbadbuy, Valeran Ismael.

Leif Anderson from Norway and a Itzak (sp) Zohar from Israel were soon sent packing to the obscurity from whence they came. Currently we are trying to offload Kuqi, a one time Ipswich star, he has been truly terrible for us and cost good money, too.

One problem we have is Spurs and their army of agent contacts unsettling star players of ours. I don´t have a problem with this, but they then go on to end up in the Spurs graveyard. Not sure what is going on with your coaching North of the river. Two examples are Chris Armstrong and Routledge. I know that Armstrong´s demise was probably more to do with injuries. When both players were with us we thought they were nailed on for future England honours. Routledge played U21 and on Amstrongs debut he scored a brace and Palace fans were singing about the loss of Wright to Arsenal being no loss at all.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:05
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Blimey, Palace have had a few. Brolin is often touted as one of them, but to be fair he never had a chance. Leeds played as a week or so after he arrived and their mercilous taunts shredded the man of confidence. The talent and touch that he had playing for Sweden wouldn´t have completely disappeared.

Some of our so called big wastes of money have gone on ...[text shortened]... d a brace and Palace fans were singing about the loss of Wright to Arsenal being no loss at all.
    Armstrong was not so bad for us at the start...he got injured and then sort of disapeared!

Routledge - to be honest i was never sure why we got him. he had a great seaon on loan to fulham, but never did it for us...

In the pre-season Jol even had him playing at right back. he cost us good money about £5m i think?
  8. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:09

Some of our so called big wastes of money have gone on ...[text shortened]... d a brace and Palace fans were singing about the loss of Wright to Arsenal being no loss at all.
    Currently we are trying to offload Kuqi, a one time Ipswich star, he has been truly terrible for us and cost good money, too.

perhaps he spends more time on THAT dive he does when scoring rather than SCORING?
  9. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:31
    Armstrong was not so bad for us at the start...he got injured and then sort of disapeared!

Routledge - to be honest i was never sure why we got him. he had a great seaon on loan to fulham, but never did it for us...

In the pre-season Jol even had him playing at right back. he cost us good money about £5m i think?
    No Routledge cost you about 2m in fees, wages add something. Our chairman and manager at the time was trying to persuade WR to stay at Palace for a year and develop his talent (play some games) and warned that Spurs had a number of players of his talent in that position, but money talks anfd he had his head turned.

Armstrong was lightning quick and the best header of a football in England at the time of his transfer. You were having one of your off seasons, not sure of the manager (maybe it was Gross or did he come later), so goals were hard to come by if I remember. Armstrong was a big fish in a small pond at Palace, but probably needed a partner at Spurs.
  10. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:321 edit
  11. Santiago
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:32
    Currently we are trying to offload Kuqi, a one time Ipswich star, he has been truly terrible for us and cost good money, too.

perhaps he spends more time on THAT dive he does when scoring rather than SCORING?
    He has scored so few that I have never seen the dive.
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:331 edit

Armstrong was lightning quick and the be ber. Armstrong was a big fish in a small pond at Palace, but probably needed a partner at Spurs.[/b]
    YES..one of our many 'off seasons'๐Ÿ˜ต
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:42
    can we now add the whole of the ENGLAND CRICKET TEAM 2008 TO THIS LIST?
  14. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 01:44
    can we now add the whole of the ENGLAND CRICKET TEAM 2008 TO THIS LIST?
    job done๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  15. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Mar '08 07:57
    It sometimes seems to me that the 'worst players to pull on the shirt' are often the ones presently occupying them!

However, whilst many Blades would say Don Givens: Missed a last minute penalty in the last match of the season (79/80ish) vs Walsall, which meant we got relegated to the 4th Division... for me, the worts player to wear the shirt has to be Terry Curran: Played for W*dn*sd*y and scored against us in the 1979 Boxing Day match, serial badge kisser for the Pigs, for some reason we bought him but the fans never acknowledged that he played for us - played maybe 20 games and scored a couple of goals before we hounded him out.
    I remember one story, we'd drawn 1-1 (Curran had scored), and Blades fans were saying that we'd lost 0-1 - they didn't even want to acknowledge his goal!!!
    The porkers from S6 called him TC - but there has only ever been one TC in Sheffield - Tony Currie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree