Zednick's throat cut.

Zednick's throat cut.

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
12 Feb 08

I was watching this game when it happend. When I saw all of the blood I went Oh S--t. Hope he has a fast recovery.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Feb 08

Pass the link, compadre!

Who is this Zednick? In which sport was it?

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by Seitse
Pass the link, compadre!

Who is this Zednick? In which sport was it?
Hockey.. I saw it.. forget which team he plays for, but they kept showing it on ESPN, with different angles, and Super Slo-Mo!!!!!!

Blood was squirting out like they got his Carotid!!!

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Feb 08

Damn it! I knew it! Every time I watch ice hockey on TV it crosses my
mind: "what if one of them falls and someone cuts him with the blades"

Is he alive?!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
12 Feb 08

Damn it! I knew it! Every time I watch ice hockey on TV it crosses my
mind: "what if one of them falls and someone cuts him with the blades"

Is he alive?!
He's ok.. it was a deep cut, but not so deep that it kilted him, apparently. He's going to be alright.

The video made it look like all those wonderful slasher movies where they cut the throat ear to ear........

It was quite distressing watching that.. but not as horrible as watching Joe Theismann's leg getting snapped in half and pushed into the ground about 20 years ago... God, I must be sick 😞

A

Moves
12 Feb 08

I watched the game live on tv as well. It was pretty gruesome, and incredibly frightening. It might cross your mind every now and again, but really watching/playing the game you're more concerned about getting stepped on with the blades, taking a stick square in the eye, or even getting jolted in the face with the puck. Watching this game will always leave that image, and that possibility in the back of my head.

I was never one to get paranoid over one incident and jump as a result, but I think I may invest in one of those neck guards that are seldom worn in the pros or even beer leagues. Better safe than sorry.

For those that don't know, this was not the first time this has happened, nor was it the worst. Check out Youtube and search for 'Clint Malarchuk'. Warning: its not for the faint at heart and is EXTREMELY graphic.

As for Zednik himself, all the reports are that he's doing well and should be released from the hospital in a couple days, and should even be back to living a normal life in a month or so. His season is done, but they said he should be back and competing by next season.

d

Moves
12 Feb 08
1 edit

Malarchuk got it worse.

Zednik is stable now. Doctors say he lost 5 units of blood (about a hlaf gallon) from his carotid artery! 😲

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by SmookieP
but not as horrible as watching Joe Theismann's leg getting snapped in half and pushed into the ground about 20 years ago... God, I must be sick 😞
I saw that on TV at the time. For some reason i stumbled upon it again on youtube not long ago... not a nice viewing.

You can't see what actually happens to the guy in this video, but it's just as bad as the JT one... watch Schmeichels reaction (the Goalie) I bet if you google David Busst images you'll get some of the break itself...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=byOKCMQpxKo

edit - like this pic: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00354/david_busst_manutd__354272a.jpg

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by SmookieP
Hockey.. I saw it.. forget which team he plays for, but they kept showing it on ESPN, with different angles, and Super Slo-Mo!!!!!!

Blood was squirting out like they got his Carotid!!!
The carotids don't spurt I don't think. I think that's the jugular.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by rhb
I saw that on TV at the time. For some reason i stumbled upon it again on youtube not long ago... not a nice viewing.

You can't see what actually happens to the guy in this video, but it's just as bad as the JT one... watch Schmeichels reaction (the Goalie) I bet if you google David Busst images you'll get some of the break itself...

http://uk.youtube.com/ ...[text shortened]... ke this pic: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00354/david_busst_manutd__354272a.jpg
Thank you freakin' much for that pic!

I opened it! I did! I freakin' HATE broken bones! They give me the creeps!

😠

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
12 Feb 08

Thank you freakin' much for that pic!

I opened it! I did! I freakin' HATE broken bones! They give me the creeps!

😠
Well, there was a pretty comprehensive warning given the context of the thread and the content of my post.

Eejit.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Feb 08

No reason for this post other than to show the flag

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by darvlay
Malarchuk got it worse.
They played that video on ESPN a couple years ago....with all sorts of warnings, "get your kids out of the room"...etc.

That was easily one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by rhb
Well, there was a pretty comprehensive warning given the context of the thread and the content of my post.

Eejit.
Yeah, you're right, now I see it.

It's just that I never read your posts, unless there's some link, in which case I copy paste it.