1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 15:05
    So you know the bit where you record a show then you can FF or FB the timeline to glide past the commercials.
    So now on a couple of cable stations, so far mostly westerns, they do a little trick where if you go FF to go past commercials, instead it just randomly puts the time line somewhere else, way forward or some such.
    The question is, has anyone else here seen this going on and if you own a smart TV, is there anything we can do to counter this?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Nov '20 03:51
    I haven't had cable in years. I only do streaming services. Netflix has no commercials and you can pay for a commercial-free version of Hulu, with a combined price far less than cable.

Even if the streaming service does have commercials they're not very long. YouTube has movies where commercials are no longer than 15 seconds. Some commercials can be skipped after just 5.

It's time to cut the cord, Sonhouse.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 18:33
    @vivify
    It is my wife addicted to cable. I could get by with ZERO TV but that is me.
    I have other pursuits, music, amateur radio, astronomy, chess, go, Pente and the like.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 15:42
    @sonhouse said
    @vivify
    I have other pursuits, astronomy, chess,
    watch out for PHAs ...Apophis

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree