1. Santiago
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 19:02
    It appear that a fair number of higher rated players have been caught out supplementing their own brain power. Is this the stress of trying to maintain and advance a great rating?
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 06:17
    Originally posted by Hopster
    It appear that a fair number of higher rated players have been caught out supplementing their own brain power. Is this the stress of trying to maintain and advance a great rating?
    This is something that makes absolutely no sense to me. Why in the world would someone cheat to win? Just to be able to say whoopie! I win!, when they know that, really, they didn't? It all seems pretty silly to me. 🙂
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Dec '08 13:06
    Originally posted by Djinc
    That's kind of my whole point. If you get to 1800, don't pick that as a place to just kick back. Do your homework and get better. Your rating will go up a lot more quickly by beating 2000+ players than it will by beating 1500- players. Crying about being paired with stronger players will not improve your chances of beating them. Never discount the value of hav ...[text shortened]... will become a lifestyle. If you get comfortable with losing, losing will return the favor. 🙂
    I guess I agree with your philosophey. If a player rated under 1800 doesn't have a losing record, he isn't trying hard enough to improve. I regularly play people rated much higher, and my average rating has improved by 100 points a year, with no study at all, just simply playing tough opponents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree