1. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    31 May '05 13:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I look forward with anticipation (and a little dread) to the next round.
    Yeah, me too! It's going to be TOUGH! And there's something about those zero-timeout rotating clocks that put my nerves on edge...

2. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 21:23
    I was looking forward to the second round but whilst waiting (for about 3 months !) I've realisd how poor I am at this game compared to the big players...confidence crisis big time.....

Still I'm good at tennis....come on IronMan...go get your racket and I'll kick your butt before you kick mine at chess !

3. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 21:532 edits
    And we are on our way. At least I haven't drawn Ironman31 in group 1. Not that I'll get any change out of the likes of David Tebb, In His Name and Northern Lad...

Is it my imagination, or does Group 3 look like the one to be in.

I think we'll be seeing Ironman31, David Tebb and Baca in the final.

Would have been nicer, IMO, to have had more groups with fewer players in each. Give more players a chance to play in the final group... just a thought.

4. Copenhagen
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 22:46
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    And we are on our way. At least I haven't drawn Ironman31 in group 1. Not that I'll get any change out of the likes of David Tebb, In His Name and Northern Lad...

Is it my imagination, or does Group 3 look like the one to be in.

I think we'll be seeing Ironman31, David Tebb and Baca in the final.

Would have been nicer, IMO, to have had mo ...[text shortened]... ers in each. Give more players a chance to play in the final group... just a thought.

Yeah, once again I ended in an 'easy' group. Not that I'll have any chance against Baca, Tequila, and the likes. I agree about group sizes though.
  5. Joined
    03 Nov '04
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 22:49
    Totally agree Gatecrasher.....potentially a 3 player final ?

Should be at least 5 groups for a top grand finale.

I've got Ironman31 amongst a whole host of 2000 plus players.

With my rating, I'm likely to suffer defeats costing me around 10 points in total !

I've got Ironman on the ropes though...how humiliating to suffer a defeat to a 1500 player....hmm...I'm aiming to last 15 moves before being pummelled !

6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 01:20
    Originally posted by JimmyBilly

I've got Ironman on the ropes though...how humiliating to suffer a defeat to a 1500 player....hmm...I'm aiming to last 15 moves before being pummelled !

Cheer up, if my experiences with Ironman are anything to go by, at move 15 you'll start believing you're winning, totally unconscious to the fact that the game is already lost.

But its fun to analyse later, and of course the experience points are good compensation for the 3 points lost.
  7. Standard memberfierytorment
    Mr. Flame of Fury
    Winona Lake
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 02:55
    Just looking at the pairings in group 1, wolf, I'd hate to be in that group. Yeesh
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 02:58
    Originally posted by fierytorment
    Just looking at the pairings in group 1, wolf, I'd hate to be in that group. Yeesh
    So would I! Wait a minute ............
  9. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 03:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So would I! Wait a minute ............
    HaHa, sucker. I laugh at you!

😛
  10. Standard memberfierytorment
    Mr. Flame of Fury
    Winona Lake
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 03:17
    Excuse me for commenting then #1, maybe I should fear your prescense and not make a comment again on this post...... HA

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree