1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 18:57
    Originally posted by Gil DeMarcus Walker
    But<snip>not.

I see your point, I guess that puts a case forward for auto timeout at end of timebank - no grace.
  2. Joined
    13 Sep '04
    Moves
    17 Mar '05 19:31
    Originally posted by rhb
    I see your point, I guess that puts a case forward for auto timeout at end of timebank - no grace.
    Yeah! Thanks! That's the case...

In the "How has everyones 2005 Championship gone so far?" Exy was afraid of still be playing the tournament in 2006, then I have answered him with the message below in italics, where I have shown how this tournament was settled to finish until the year's end.

I'm sure you won't be playing this tournament in 2006.

Wait, wait, wait... I'm not saying that you won't be at the final round.

60 days timebank for each player in each game, gives, at maximum, 120 days for each round.

3 rounds, first, second and final, gives, at maximum, 360 day of playing.

1 day for adjustment after first and second rounds, gives 362 days for the tournament.

The 2005 Championship has started on January, 3rd, plus 362 days of tournament, and we will have the Great Champion of 2005 at 31/12/2005, Saturday.

But, to accomplish that, Russ must be ready to start the final round, at worst case, on September, 2nd, Friday.

And I think that it's absolutely possible, all games ends with at least one player remaining timebank days.

EDIT 1: Thinking about it, and considering that the top players must need some vacation days during the year, I think that Russ can set the second round start date and the final round start date, so, the top players can schedule their vacations time.

EDIT 2: 120 days after January 3rd will be on May, 3rd, Tuesday, but I'm sure that the round will be finished at least 2 weeks earlier, so the Monday in the week before May, 3rd, 25 of April, would be the optimum day for the second round start.

And 120 days after 25 of April will be on 23 of August, Tuesday too, so 22 of August, the Monday before, remembering that all games must end with at least a player remaining timebank, would be the optimum day for the final round start.

EDIT 3: This way, the 2005 Championship would be finished until 20 of December, yes, it's a Tuesday, right before Christmas.

EDIT 4: Perfect!!!

EDIT 5: I'm sure Russ has thought about all of this when he settled the 0TO/60TB 2005 Championship...

Another interesting thread on tournament's infinity is "Tournaments *Never* Seem To Conclude" (www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20830).

Thanks again...
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 00:31
    There is a little over 42 days left if you add both players Time Banks so we have that long to wait for round two.

And I already timed out 4 games in this Tournament. But they would have still been given to me in two days even if I had not do it, LOL.
  4. Copenhagen
    Moves
    11 May '05 11:22
    If any of the 2005 Championship competitors decide to let the system TO his opponents, it could not finish this year, because it would become a 2 days TO tournament, instead of a 0 TO.
    It seems to me that this scenario is happening now, so who knows when Round 2 will start 🙁
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    11 May '05 11:33
    no grace ... nograce !

cumon russ ... change it!

no grace!

(just give every tournament an extra couple of days timebank)

no grace ... no grace ... NO GRACE !!!!!!
  6. Joined
    13 Sep '04
    Moves
    12 May '05 00:08
    Originally posted by flexmore
    no grace ... nograce !

cumon russ ... change it!

no grace!

(just give every tournament an extra couple of days timebank)

no grace ... no grace ... NO GRACE !!!!!!
    The 2005 Championship will finish in 2006...😲😛😕🙁:'(😠
  7. Joined
    13 Sep '04
    Moves
    12 May '05 00:15
    Originally posted by Exy in the thread "How has everyones 2005 Championship gone so far?"
    I'm through to round 2. My first round was group 3. Am I the only one who's convinced we'll still be playing in this tournament in 2006?! 😉
    Hey Exy... you was right...
  8. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    13 May '05 10:07
    Hey Exy... you was right...
    its not 2006 yet ...
  9. Joined
    13 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 May '05 18:34
    Originally posted by flexmore
    its not 2006 yet ...
    Today is May, 13th, Friday... 😲😕😞 plus 240 days for the 2nd round and final round we will be at Sunday, January 8th of 2006... and the 2nd round hasn't started yet...
  10. Internet
    Moves
    13 May '05 18:39
    In the second and third round there will be less players to drag it out--the tournament can still finish this year.
  11. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '05 19:47
    Originally posted by Svin1
    In the second and third round there will be less players to drag it out--the tournament can still finish this year.
    Can - yes
    Will - I don't think so...
  12. Joined
    13 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 May '05 22:441 edit
    I thinks it's time for an action of Russ... Immediately... I want the 2nd round now...😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree