Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard member kwgoodwin
    Geek
    09 Jan '06 17:37 / 1 edit
    A Ladies Open Tournament seems like a nice idea.

    Tournament 974 and Tournament 975

    However how is arrakis going to check gender? Is it actual gender or how someone "self-identifies"? Is XanthosNZ , User 97084, really a girl in gender (or in spirit)?
  2. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    09 Jan '06 18:02
    Maybe a lady is to be won?
  3. 09 Jan '06 22:14
    haha yes as far as I can tell, none of the entrants to the 1300+ thing are actually female
  4. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    09 Jan '06 22:24
    Originally posted by angie88
    haha yes as far as I can tell, none of the entrants to the 1300+ thing are actually female
  5. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    10 Jan '06 00:30
    Originally posted by kwgoodwin
    A Ladies Open Tournament seems like a nice idea.

    Tournament 974 and Tournament 975

    However how is arrakis going to check gender? Is it actual gender or how someone "self-identifies"? Is XanthosNZ , User 97084, really a girl in gender (or in spirit)?
    Unless an identical tournament is set up for men then I will remain entered as a protest against sexism.
  6. 10 Jan '06 01:50
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Unless an identical tournament is set up for men then I will remain entered as a protest against sexism.
    Or do you just want to play the ladies?
  7. Standard member kwgoodwin
    Geek
    10 Jan '06 02:06
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Or do you just want to play the ladies?
    Teeing up from the short tee?
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    10 Jan '06 13:00
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Or do you just want to play the ladies?
    More like he just wants to beat the ladies...

  9. Standard member jay D
    Jay D
    10 Jan '06 15:40
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Unless an identical tournament is set up for men then I will remain entered as a protest against sexism.
    jackass
  10. Standard member Briscoe
    Consigliere
    10 Jan '06 17:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    More like he just wants to beat the ladies...

    if thats the case...I recommend replacing the "t-shirt" prize with a wife beater

    perhaps these "guys", that are joining, are just really really feminine
  11. Standard member Ravello
    The RudeĀ©
    10 Jan '06 22:56
    Originally posted by jay D
    jackass
    Homourless cretin.
  12. Standard member wucky3
    Jo
    11 Jan '06 01:30
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Unless an identical tournament is set up for men then I will remain entered as a protest against sexism.
    why don't you set one up then if you're that bothered
  13. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    11 Jan '06 05:44
    Originally posted by angie88
    haha yes as far as I can tell, none of the entrants to the 1300+ thing are actually female
    I am entered.

    Angela
  14. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    11 Jan '06 06:12
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Unless an identical tournament is set up for men then I will remain entered as a protest against sexism.
    So you want to beat a bunch of girls at chess to prove you are against sexism.
    You choose to do that rather than set up a mens tourney.
    If you should choose to set up a mens tourney I would not enter, neither would I complain.
    Since you are so obviously against sexism please enlighten me concerning your other endeavors to combat sexism.
    A man such as you must surely be on the forefront of the battle for womens rights.

    Angela
  15. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Jan '06 06:38
    Originally posted by caissad4
    So you want to beat a bunch of girls at chess to prove you are against sexism.
    You choose to do that rather than set up a mens tourney.
    If you should choose to set up a mens tourney I would not enter, neither would I complain.
    Since you are so obviously against sexism please enlighten me concerning your other endeavors to combat sexism.
    A man such as you must surely be on the forefront of the battle for womens rights.

    Angela
    Silly little girl, woman don't have rights.