1. Amsterdam
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 15:35
    When I look at the time-out / time-bank of the tournaments, all these games can be so lenghty..
    Even when there's a 1 day time-out, there still is a 14(!!) day time-bank..

Who's in favour of tournaments with a time-out / time-bank ratio of 3/0?

Unfortunaly time-banks of 3 days do not exist, but that would already help a lot!!
  2. Berks.
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 16:19
    The timeout has the larger effect on the average speed of games than a timebank. So 1/14 stands a good chance of being over within a shorter period of time than the 3/0.

Most players in 1/14 would probably move once a day, using the timebank as an insurance if they can't access a computer, and only allows for a few weekends without moving. The 3/0 could easily move every other day (and not have to worry about weekends), but is inflexible so a week away wouldn't be possible.

Incidentally threee day timeouts are possible (and used) in tournaments, as presumably any number is. It's only when users create games that the options are limited.
  3. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 17:571 edit
    Did you cast your vote in the tournament time control vote [vid]11[/vid] ??
  4. Amsterdam
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 21:33
    Yes I did..

It was because of that vote that I also sent in some feedback to RHP via the 'help-menu' :-)

I just would like to see it as an extra option, since some of the games take ages.. just waiting for the opponent to make a move.

However, the reply by Peakite on this subject makes a lot of sense too, thanks Peakite!

Regards, Patrick
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 20:17
    [voteid]11[/voteid]

Anyhoo, I much prefer the longer timebanks. Timebanks of 7+ days allow me to enter even 1 day timeout games and still be able to take a vacation in the 3rd round (should I make it that far).
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 13:32
    Originally posted by cludi
    Did you cast your vote in the tournament time control vote [vid]11[/vid] ??
    Thanks Cludi I missed that vote, have just voted for all 3 of the zero option timeouts i.e. 0/30, 0/45 and 0/80
  7. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 18:21
    On the subject of timeouts and timebanks. I get very frustrated with people who only move when their timeout has run down. I have one opponent in a 7/14 tournament who moves regularly every 9 days. This means that the match can last for at least 63 days and only 7 moves will have been made. I can quite understand a lengthly break for a holiday but what is the point or purpose in playing as described above ?
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 16:56
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    On the subject of timeouts and timebanks. I get very frustrated with people who only move when their timeout has run down. I have one opponent in a 7/14 tournament who moves regularly every 9 days. This means that the match can last for at least 63 days and only 7 moves will have been made. I can quite understand a lengthly break for a holiday but what is the point or purpose in playing as described above ?
    Because that is what has been agreed, and the person may have a life outside of here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree