1. Joined
    14 Sep '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 14:20
    Grouped randon tournaments are always very popular. Why not open a new tournament as soon as the previous one fills up. That way there is always a tournament available that everyone can enter
  2. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '05 14:30
    Originally posted by zanussi
    Grouped randon tournaments are always very popular. Why not open a new tournament as soon as the previous one fills up. That way there is always a tournament available that everyone can enter
    should put in site ideas forum
  3. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 11:53
    Because they'd fill up 2 and 3 a day. Very illogical.
  4. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 17:15
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Just start 1 a day then, or one every day and a half.
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 18:02
    Or weekly a series of tournaments?

Say:
    One week big banded tournaments, an open duel, an open sprint, a big open all against all tournament. And the other week duel banded tournaments, some open groups and a long haul.
  6. Berks.
    Moves
    15 Nov '05 19:40
    Wouldn't the speed at which they fill up slow down over a breif period of time as people join tournaments because they want them, not diving in ASAP just to ensure a place.
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 07:385 edits
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    SOLUTION:
    start it up so that a new tournament is automatically created when the last one fills :

if this tournament fills in less than 2 days ... then increase the size of the next tournament by 10 players,
    if this tournament takes more than 5 days to fill then decrease the size of the next tournament by 10 players.

eventually there could be two or three timelimits for which this process is done ... i would suggest 1/7, 2/14 and 4/28.
  8. Joined
    14 Sep '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '05 15:29
    Originally posted by flexmore
    SOLUTION:
    start it up so that a new tournament is automatically created when the last one fills :

if this tournament fills in less than 2 days ... then increase the size of the next tournament by 10 players,
    if this tournament takes more than 5 days to fill then decrease the size of the next tournament by 10 players.

eventually there could be two or three timelimits for which this process is done ... i would suggest 1/7, 2/14 and 4/28.
    I agree with this proposal
  9. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 00:221 edit
    it looks like russ may have started doing something like this with the banded tournies at the moment!

i suspect it is also happening for the others but we just cannot see it yet.
  10. London
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 15:46
    This all seems far too repetative. I would like tournaments to be more regular, but not as repetative as you are suggesting.
  11. Joined
    14 Sep '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '05 18:51
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    This all seems far too repetative. I would like tournaments to be more regular, but not as repetative as you are suggesting.
    I am not sugesting only having grouped random tournaments, but I think there should always be a tournament open that everyone can enter.
  12. Joined
    01 Mar '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '05 16:021 edit
    I agree that new tournaments should be created regularly, but would also like to see that people who log on less frequent have the opportunity to join a tournament. Now it seems that players are simply joining multiple instances of the 'same' tournament. Two or three instances is fine by me, cause I too love banded tournaments. But why joining up to five or six instances? Please give some others a chance too!

Grtz, Jeronimo

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree