1. edinburgh
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 21:39
    I generally 'top up' on games/tournaments/quartets/octets when my games numbers go down a bit. Recently I don't see as many games/tournaments becoming available.
    Can this be rectified please!!??

Thanks

Sardodos
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 00:03
    This has apparently happened because more people are playing in club tournaments, reducing the player pool. If you haven't joined a club, consider finding one with lots of tournaments on the go.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 16:13
    Interesting.I assumed that "clubs" were a format for members of a "club" just to play each other so I never bothered looking any further.
    I too have noticed the decline in open tournaments.
    Can someone please explain to me the way club tournaments and club leagues work?
    I would only be interested in playing quartets and "banded" leagues - (where I don't get pasted by high raters) if such a thing exists.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by venda
    Interesting.I assumed that "clubs" were a format for members of a "club" just to play each other so I never bothered looking any further.
    I too have noticed the decline in open tournaments.
    Can someone please explain to me the way club tournaments and club leagues work?
    I would only be interested in playing quartets and "banded" leagues - (where I don't get pasted by high raters) if such a thing exists.
    Hi Dave, the best way of explaining that one would be to just join and see..the tournaments are just created and joined by the club player pool, pretty much the same standards as the 'official' tournies. The club league I play in is in divisions also round robin, once again pretty much the same as the sites.
    Come have a look, the forum are wicked 😉...get some ideas for the clan !! Club 108 Edit: You'd be ideal for this club Dave, going from your profile foto..'Moving Under The Influence' 😛
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 20:36
    Cheers for that Dean.
    I think I get the general idea.
    Looks like the tournaments etc are created by the club leaders as opposed to the admins and you play other club members but in the tournament format.
    Don't think it's for me - I've enough on running (and expanding) the Laikers!!
  6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 06:23
    Originally posted by venda
    Cheers for that Dean.
    I think I get the general idea.
    Looks like the tournaments etc are created by the club leaders as opposed to the admins and you play other club members but in the tournament format.
    Don't think it's for me - I've enough on running (and expanding) the Laikers!!
    Yaaa, you've got it Dave, pretty much the same in creation and format as the site tournies...difference being everyone is invited by the club leader to play. If it's a bit of idle banter mixed with lots of wit then the club format is great as it's many in number and not just full of subscribers. Only subs can play the tournies but there are non sub tournies as well. As regard your 'busy with the Laikers' comments, you don;t have to do anything there Dave, if you have an active forum within the clan then there are lots of ideas floating around the forum there...it was just an idea 🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 07:00
    If you are looking for clubs to get more games - it is difficult to see which ones are active. I put a list together, probably needs updating but have a look in Thread 139277.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree