1. Streetman, Texas
    Moves
    13 Nov '11 22:35
    This was the first tournament I have entered and probably the last. It is now almost the middle of November and the first round isn't even completed. I would think that someone that was entering tournaments could move at least once a day but I guess that was wrong. I joined this site to play with my sons and to keep in touch with them and I will continue to do that. Hopefully some events will have more stringent time lines for moving. At this rate this event will not be finished until next July, if by †hen. I have seen games played with the "slap timers" but I don't see these folks being able to deal with that.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 00:17
    Originally posted by MrRules
    This was the first tournament I have entered and probably the last. It is now almost the middle of November and the first round isn't even completed. I would think that someone that was entering tournaments could move at least once a day but I guess that was wrong. I joined this site to play with my sons and to keep in touch with them and I will continue ...[text shortened]... ames played with the "slap timers" but I don't see these folks being able to deal with that.
    Not all players have the time and committment to play regularly.
    I am thro' to the next round of tournaments that started in February and March and still waiting.It's just a question of being patient.
    Once all groups in a round have been "decided", the next round will start even if there are still games to play in the previous round(s).
    If you want more tournament games, I suggest you find an active club to join where the club leaders set up tournaments with a shorter time frame than the 3:7 you are currently involved in.
    Also, club tournaments tend to involve less players , so rounds are decided more quickly.
  3. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 10:58
    This was the first tournament I have entered and probably the last. It is now almost the middle of November and the first round isn't even completed. I would think that someone that was entering tournaments could move at least once a day but I guess that was wrong. I joined this site to play with my sons and to keep in touch with them and I will continue ...[text shortened]... ames played with the "slap timers" but I don't see these folks being able to deal with that.
    if you want fast games and lots of tournaments join the multi or tod clubs.🙂
  4. Streetman, Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:28
    I guess it must be just me then. I am new to this game, haven't played since college and I am now over 70, and I just don't understand why someone must take 3 days to think out a move. Certainly folks are not so busy that they can't take a couple of minutes each day to make a move or two. Certainly if you enter a tournament you should be prepared to play with some expediency. It has been over three months and one group of three has only completed 4 of the 6 games to be played. Anyhow, it is my mistake and I will try not to make another.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Nov '11 16:01
    I guess it must be just me then. I am new to this game, haven't played since college and I am now over 70, and I just don't understand why someone must take 3 days to think out a move. Certainly folks are not so busy that they can't take a couple of minutes each day to make a move or two. Certainly if you enter a tournament you should be prepared to play ...[text shortened]... 4 of the 6 games to be played. Anyhow, it is my mistake and I will try not to make another.
    I think you'll find it's the number of games a lot of people are playing that dictates how often they play in your tournament(or indeed against you)
    I am currently playing 36 separate games and don't always find the time to play in every one at every log in.I play in the ones with the least time left on my clock first to avoid being timed out.
    Some site members have 100's on the go at once, so they may not make a move in several games until their time is low.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 13:381 edit
    When you enter a tournament check the timeout and timebank options.

The Tournament you entered was a 3/7 allowing 3 days per move.

If you want faster tournaments then look for the HARDCORE tournaments which are usually 0/21, meaning you have a maximum of 21 days to make all your moves.

You could also just start quicker games by using the open Invites option and starting 1/0 games only, meaning you have to move every day.
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 00:29
    The longest-running tournament still being played out on this site is Tournament 506 created more than six years ago. I guess some people are happy to play longhaul tournaments ...........................................................................................................................................................
  8. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    05 Dec '11 16:44
    Well, looking at the ratings of the final 4 players, maybe playing 21/21 improves your game!

BillDny 2228
    leov 2009
    ivanhoe 1818
    Imnotkasparov 1701

😛 😀
  9. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 00:54
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The longest-running tournament still being played out on this site is Tournament 506 created more than six years ago. I guess some people are happy to play longhaul tournaments ...........................................................................................................................................................
    jesus
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Dec '11 12:03
    The longest tournament I currently play is Tournament 9211

It's a big duel event and we have nearly amassed two years in the first round (and the last game could go on for a few month...)
  11. Streetman, Texas
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 23:37
    Well check out the second round of the August Threesomes (0- 1150). Group two has a winner and only one move was played from the four players. I think we need more monitoring for these events.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 13:38
    Actually there were at least two moves.

I can understand that you have now found out that this type of tournament is not for you and resigned your games. However, I find it strange to complain about an unusual group , as you are one of the reasons that this happened. I see the other resignee has a higher grading than the band - perhaps realised they were in the wrong tournament. And one person has stopped playing (again not unusual).

I have not seen a quad group like that before - though I have seen duels where both players have stopped playing.
  13. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 18:331 edit
    I resigned those games on principle. My rating was too high. I posted an apology a few threads down in this forum. Catchcody is not currently playing. He and I used to play regularly. He is swamped at the moment and will probaly return in a few months. The other guy in the tourney resigned his games because he was upset that the first round took so long.

Edit: just loked at the tourney, and you are the one I spoke of who resigned because he was angry. Sorry for overlooking that.
  14. Streetman, Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '12 22:56
    My complaints have been to the administration for not monitoring the event! There were seven people, I believe, that entered the event with a rating above the upper limit of 1150. When the first round lasted for over four months I wanted to just withdraw prior to round two. The administration would not allow that which resulted in a player winning the round two bracket without making a move. I just think something is wrong with that and that is all I have to say.

Stu
  15. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 03:29
    I'm glad...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree