Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Subscriber ViA
    07 Mar '06 12:51
    According to the help-pages there are automated timeouts occuring in tournaments. But is this actually working?
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    07 Mar '06 13:04
    Originally posted by ViA
    According to the help-pages there are automated timeouts occuring in tournaments. But is this actually working?
    Should be, 2 days I believe after the time runs out.

    D
  3. Subscriber ViA
    08 Mar '06 11:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Should be, 2 days I believe after the time runs out.
    Round 4 of Gamma Hardcore Free for All Dual started February 2nd. This tournament is played with 0/14, meaning that all games should be completed by March 2nd. Add 2 days grace period, and the next round should be ready by March 4th. But there are still 2 games playing in this round.

    The online help says:
    "Due to the nature of tournaments, they can take a very long to complete. so to accelerate the games an automated timeout is run periodically."

    So, what does "periodically" mean?
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    08 Mar '06 12:03
    Originally posted by ViA
    Round 4 of Gamma Hardcore Free for All Dual started February 2nd. This tournament is played with 0/14, meaning that all games should be completed by March 2nd. Add 2 days grace period, and the next round should be ready by March 4th. But there are still 2 games playing in this round.

    The online help says:
    "Due to the nature of tournaments, they can take a ve ...[text shortened]... e the games an automated timeout is run periodically."

    So, what does "periodically" mean?
    If the players move within 2 days after the end of their timebank, then the auto TO won't occur.

    D
  5. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    08 Mar '06 12:05
    So it is not really automatically, but it needs initiatieve by the site administrations? My guess once every week, or once a forthnight? That explains why I have not experienced the automatic timeout yet...
  6. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    08 Mar '06 12:08
    actually in the said tounrey White (Madame) has more than 9 days timebank left...This means that black (David Bryan) should have been timed out end of February...Automation should be introduced. If the period of periodically is so long. This could lead to sever distortions (one player not being timed out with roughly 20 days over timebank another with just two...)
  7. Standard member jfkjmh
    nice one
    08 Mar '06 22:55
    Originally posted by ViA
    [b]Round 4 of Gamma Hardcore Free for All Dual started February 2nd. This tournament is played with 0/14, meaning that all games should be completed by March 2nd. Add 2 days grace period, and the next round should be ready by March 4th. But there are still 2 games playing in this round.
    I think the following scenario is possible: Player A uses the timebank plus 1 day. Player B uses the timebank plus 1 day on the next half move. The players agree not to time out each other. Now they start moving once a day for every move...
    The extra 2 moves start from 0 after every single move and the game might take longer than expected...
    This is certainly not in the spirit of a 0/14 tourney.