1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 15:54
    Why oh why are ALL the banded tournaments groups of 8??? Not only can i only play in super SUPER hard bands (1800+), i have to deal with the prospect of playing 14 games against 1800+ opposition. Why can't we have groups of 4 like normal??? The tournament will still have 64 players in it, what's the problem? There haven't been banded groups of 4 for months and months and months. PLEASE can we get a tournie with normal groups soon. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberprotoss350
    AbOvE AvErAgE
    Nottelling
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 10:01
    Well, I reckon if we had groups of 8, the whole tournie would go faster. Groups of 8 is ok with 7/14 timing but as you mentioned groups of 4 should be for like tournies with timings such as 3/7 or 3/14
  3. Standard membermalinga
    That would be me
    Behind the couch
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 11:19
    Totally agree. I would enter the high rated banded tournaments if groups were smaller size. If I played that many games against that quality of opposition I'd lose them all (or most of them anyway).

Groups of 4 please
  4. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 13:18
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Why oh why are ALL the banded tournaments groups of 8??? Not only can i only play in super SUPER hard bands (1800+), i have to deal with the prospect of playing 14 games against 1800+ opposition. Why can't we have groups of 4 like normal??? The tournament will still have 64 players in it, what's the problem? There haven't been banded groups of 4 for months and months and months. PLEASE can we get a tournie with normal groups soon. Thanks.
    I quite enjoy groups of 8 players (if you lose a game or two, you still have a chance to go through) ...

Saying that you'll never get it right for everyone, some people like short timeouts (Ravello), others enjoy longer ones ... Same goes for group sizes.

Maybe Russ could mix it a little - one month short timeouts, one month longer ones, one month smaller groups and one month bigger groups ...

Boris
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 16:052 edits
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    I quite enjoy groups of 8 players (if you lose a game or two, you still have a chance to go through) ...

Saying that you'll never get it right for everyone, some people like short timeouts (Ravello), others enjoy longer ones ... Same goes for group sizes.

Maybe Russ could mix it a little - one month short timeouts, one month longer ones, one month smaller groups and one month bigger groups ...

Boris
    Whenever an 1800+ banded tounie is opened, it takes nearly a month to start. Perhaps a few banded duals? Anything would be better than groups of 8! These tournies are riddled with engines and when you have to play 14 at once it makes them completely pointless.

EDIT: Ok, 14 engines is putting it a bit strongly, i'm not accusing everyone over 1800 of being an engine, but if you compair these bands to open tournaments (which are groups of 4), you have to accept that an 1800+ player stands better chances of winning as 3/4's of the entrants are sub 1800. Most players are members of a Clan, how can we continue to play and perform for our Clans when we are playing LOADS of tournament games against strong opposition? A few months ago it was possible to do both, but since banded tournies became groups of 8, most players have to choose one over the other, which sucks!
  6. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '06 07:502 edits
    These tournies are riddled with engines and when you have to play 14 at once it makes them completely pointless.

EDIT: Ok, 14 engines is putting it a bit strongly, i'm not accusing everyone over 1800 of being an engine
    make your mind up.

the groups of 8 tournaments seem to have longer timeout.
    If you can handle 6 games at 1 or 3 days per move why can't you handle 14 games at 7 days per move?

7 days per move gives you loads more flexibility.
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    20 Jun '06 13:58
    Originally posted by aging blitzer
    make your mind up.

the groups of 8 tournaments seem to have longer timeout.
    If you can handle 6 games at 1 or 3 days per move why can't you handle 14 games at 7 days per move?

7 days per move gives you loads more flexibility.
    Your not reading what i wrote. The fact that they are 7/14 is neither here nor there. It is the quantity of games. I don't know about you, but if i'm playing someone between 1800 and 2400, i generally spend about 5-20 minutes on each move. When i play Clan challenges i exclusively play high 17's and 1800 players. Those games require the same amount of analysis. I can't take on a banded tournament because there are too many games starting at once. With groups of 4, it is managable. Groups of 8 gives me too many games, forcing me to play less Clan games. I don't want to play less clan games, therefore i don't play banded tournaments. I used to enter them, now i cannot. What was wrong with 3/7 groups of 4? I cannot remember anyone complaining about those controls, why did they change?
  8. Berks.
    Moves
    20 Jun '06 18:39
    Your not reading what i wrote. The fact that they are 7/14 is neither here nor there. It is the quantity of games. I don't know about you, but if i'm playing someone between 1800 and 2400, i generally spend about 5-20 minutes on each move. When i play Clan challenges i exclusively play high 17's and 1800 players. Those games require the same amount of a ...[text shortened]... oups of 4? I cannot remember anyone complaining about those controls, why did they change?
    I'm sure there has been a few of them posted from time to time.

Actually prefer them myself, but the best solution is just to have a good mix.
  9. Virginia
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 18:42
    I have the same problem. I don't have the bandwidth timewise to take on the 14 games of an 8-group banded tourney. The 5 games I get with a 4 person group is more my speed.
  10. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 21:02
    Now, go get in while there are seats left...!
  11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Jun '06 22:16
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Now, go get in while there are seats left...!
    YYYyyeeeeeHHHhhahhahahahahahhahhahaaaaaaawwwwwww 😀😛😀😛😀😛😀😛😀😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree