1. Joined
    01 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 15:59
    Dont know if this has been asked somewhere else - If a player is banned are their tournament victories awarded to the runner up ?? If not should they be ?

Asking for purley selfish reasons you understand 😉

Mikey
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 18:49
    Originally posted by michaelh4
    Dont know if this has been asked somewhere else - If a player is banned are their tournament victories awarded to the runner up ?? If not should they be ?

Asking for purley selfish reasons you understand 😉

Mikey
    I've been there myself on more than one occasion. It sucks, but would you really feel like a winner being awarded a win by default like this... 😉
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 00:03
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I've been there myself on more than one occasion. It sucks, but would you really feel like a winner being awarded a win by default like this... 😉
    YES...I think the person would deserve the win!! In an obt you would most certainly be awarded the point !!
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 00:32
    I have put this in site ideas, and sent feedback.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 01:53
    But what if the banned player eliminated a stronger player in an earlier round? Aren't they more likely to have won the tournament if the banned player had not won it?

This has been asked numerous times in the past and the answer is always, the past is the past. When players are banned their games are resigned and they are unable to advance in any current tournaments as their scores are zeroed. However, revising tournaments would just lead to further questions about whether clan leagues should be changed, clan challenges or sieges.
  6. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 02:02
    well, maybe it should.

But I see your point. They knock out good players...It's troublesome!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    But what if the banned player eliminated a stronger player in an earlier round? Aren't they more likely to have won the tournament if the banned player had not won it?

This has been asked numerous times in the past and the answer is always, the past is the past. When players are banned their games are resigned and they are unable to advance in any curre ...[text shortened]... d to further questions about whether clan leagues should be changed, clan challenges or sieges.
    Excellent point actually...RHP would be kind of between a rock and a hard place, in what to do with the clan leagues. All I know is if in an over the board tournament, if the player was found out to be cheating in any manner. He would be ejected from the tournament, any previous games he had would be given to the opponents he played!! If I understand correctly, you are saying this would be impossible to do on RHP?
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 06:36
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Excellent point actually...RHP
    Because we have multi round tournaments. If the tournament is currently in the third round and a player is banned what is to be done with his spot? Should it go to the player who placed second in the banned player's group? What about the person who placed second in the first round group with the banned player? Surely they have a case for additional consideration?

In a single round tournament (like say a swiss OTB) it is simple if a player is found halfway through he can be ejected and all points given to his opponent's (slightly advantageous to those he played who get points for games they might otherwise have lost and a few rounds of easier pairings before the player is banned). And if a player is found afterwards the same procedure.

But in multi-round tournaments you just can't fix things.
  9. Joined
    01 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 10:31
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Yes - In my case, I would feel like a winner! If the player is banned for using a computer then they have had an unfair advantage and have cheated inder the rules of RHP. If they were banned for mutilple accounts etc, then you could say that they havent had an unfair advantage in a game/tournament, so perhaps should keep the tournament wins?

I guess that I wouldnt be moaning about it if I could manage to win a tournament.😉

Mikey
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 16:45
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Because we have multi round tournaments. If the tournament is currently in the third round and a player is banned what is to be done with his spot? Should it go to the player who placed second in the banned player's group? What about the person who placed second in the first round group with the banned player? Surely they have a case for additional conside ...[text shortened]... d afterwards the same procedure.

But in multi-round tournaments you just can't fix things.
    I see the wasp nest that would open now. In fact it would create more problems!! I was indeed thinking along the lines of a (swiss OTB) tournament.
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 01:17
    Well, it appears they are working on a way to improve / fix it.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '07 02:20
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Well, it appears they are working on a way to improve / fix it.
    It really sounds like it would be close to impossible !!!
  13. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 02:55
    They have a list or something where I can see banned players? I can't find my way with these site map options 🙁
  14. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 03:12
    Originally posted by E3xod
    They have a list or something where I can see banned players? I can't find my way with these site map options 🙁
    It did exist, but was removed from the site quite some time ago.
  15. Joined
    22 Oct '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 03:24
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    It did exist, but was removed from the site quite some time ago.
    Oh ok 😕 I was just curious, thanks for the answer. I randomly found some banned players by looking at old tournaments, just wondered if there was a general hall of fame for them 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree