Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. 22 Feb '07 12:49
    I think these type of tournaments are good fun, but would prefer them to be banded sometimes so I would have a chance of winning
    Thanks
  2. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    23 Feb '07 13:17
    What was this split again?
  3. 23 Feb '07 14:00
    You know that they have tournaments that are sprint splits and long haul splits, well they are unbanded but if we could have splits that were banded aswell, then that might give us 1300 players a chance of winning one
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    23 Feb '07 17:06
    I still do not know what a split is in this context.
    I take it you do not mean duels? I like duels. I want to see more of them...!
  5. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    23 Feb '07 17:26
    Ah, new tournaments have started, they appear to be splits, the title tells me.
    So, it is all against all... Not really my thing, but I couldn't resist entering anyway...
  6. 23 Feb '07 18:31
    I entered my band, but 22 new games against 1625-1750 competition will be rough.
  7. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    23 Feb '07 20:09
    Originally posted by zebano
    I entered my band, but 22 new games against 1625-1750 competition will be rough.
    Better than a wider margin.

    Playing muppets and magicians in the same tournament is often confusing.

    Hopefully we can avoid each other and meet in the final.
  8. 24 Feb '07 00:19
    Wow I got something I asked for How cool!! Thanks Russ&Chris!
  9. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    25 Feb '07 22:48
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    Better than a wider margin.

    Playing muppets and magicians in the same tournament is often confusing.

    Hopefully we can avoid each other and meet in the final.
    We have achieved 24...finally.

    Other bands have filled a second group.

    I'm currently rated 11/24.

    Do you think I got a chance?

    Seeing as most of my opponents have been above 1700 or even 1800 and my highest rating is 1655.
  10. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    26 Feb '07 11:07
    Awww Crap.
  11. 26 Feb '07 17:42
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    We have achieved 24...finally.

    Other bands have filled a second group.

    I'm currently rated 11/24.

    Do you think I got a chance?

    Seeing as most of my opponents have been above 1700 or even 1800 and my highest rating is 1655.
    Good luck mate. Counterpoint and ZorrotheFox have both given me fits in the past. there are actually very few people in my group whom I have played before, so this should be a great tournament.
  12. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    26 Feb '07 19:37
    Originally posted by zebano
    Good luck mate. Counterpoint and ZorrotheFox have both given me fits in the past. there are actually very few people in my group whom I have played before, so this should be a great tournament.
    I think anyone in either group could win this, which is a big difference from the average Split where only 5 people at best have a chance to reach the final!

    Tukumnieks is the only player in your group I've faced. I lost the first two but the later two were both win.

    Now we get to meet in the final!
  13. 26 Feb '07 19:59
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    I think anyone in either group could win this, which is a big difference from the average Split where only 5 people at best have a chance to reach the final!

    Tukumnieks is the only player in your group I've faced. I lost the first two but the later two were both win.

    Now we get to meet in the final!
    Game 3233901

    After missing a win via Bb5 on move 9 (winning either the queen or allowing Re8 I managed to grind him down and score the first three points of the tournament!

    Tournament 1909
  14. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    26 Feb '07 20:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zebano
    Game 3233901

    After missing a win via Bb5 on move 9 (winning either the queen or allowing Re8 I managed to grind him down and score the first three points of the tournament!

    Tournament 1909
    Funnily enough I did something similiar in a game in progress. I actually spotted it!

    Only 21 more wins to go!
  15. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    26 Feb '07 21:19
    Originally posted by Diet Coke

    Only 21 more wins to go!
    23.