1. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    15 Dec '04 09:501 edit
    Originally posted by pendejo
    im sure ian93 would be happy to verify jw's chess skills otb

problem with this is that a cheater could open up a dummy account and make false verifications.
    Yes I suppose you are right, it doesn't matter what is done you can't get rid of them, so bloody annoying though the thought that you can spend ages agnonizing over one move only for someone to be given the answer of what to do against you in seconds, for me it's not so much the defeat it's the time I would have wasted getting to that (a foregone conclusion) defeat. Thinking about it, I do recall a few games where I have played in live chess (rapid chess on the net) where my opponent (rated much lower than me) has not only easily dismissed me but also been extremely confident and so arrogant about it (even at the very beginning i.e. his first move).
  2. Standard memberKWCorona
    Key West Wannabe
    North Carolina
    Moves
    20 Dec '04 05:31
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    James Woodley if you are reading this do you ever get to London? if so do you fancy a face to face game? we are rated quite close and i think perhaps my rapid game is well behind my correspondance game so you shopuld if anything have a slight edge. It would give you the chance to quieten your critics? how about it?
    I am sure there are more violators of this than just Woodley. He's just one of the obvious ones.
  3. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '04 17:47
    Originally posted by KWCorona
    I am sure there are more violators of this than just Woodley. He's just one of the obvious ones.
    There are about 20 or so obvious ones like him though, so why do we just pick on him? Is it because he has such a big mouth while the others are quiet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree