1. California
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:40
    You have not seen the screen where no time was left and then all of a sudden 24 hours was given to my opponent (twice). You are mistaken, because you assume it cannot happen, yet it did. And if you resort to calling me names, you are not thinking logically, you are emotionally upset, on adrenaline and have no reasoning capabilities while you are angry.
  2. California
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:43
    I understand it is not how the system is supposed to work. If you have ever read The Emperor Has no Clothes, you know how powerful Groupthink can be. It DID happen, my opponent has been given extra time and no skull appeared. It is regrettable that there is no moderator that can look back at the history of the game and see what I am saying is true.
  3. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 14:59
    I always tell people that I can't help resolve a problem that WAS, only the problem that IS. In other words, I usually can't tell you why your computer/application hung up yesterday, AFTER you have rebooted. Rebooting clears the problem AND erases most of the evidence. To help, I usually need to see the problem in progress.

If your situation occurs again, you should send feedback to Russ before you make any moves. Take a screenshot of the relevant info too, in case something changes before Russ can respond. Otherwise, you are asking for help for a situation that no longer exists, and for one that only you saw.

It stinks, but that the way it goes sometimes.
  4. Joined
    05 Dec '14
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by niteknight
    You have not seen the screen where no time was left and then all of a sudden 24 hours was given to my opponent (twice). You are mistaken, because you assume it cannot happen, yet it did. And if you resort to calling me names, you are not thinking logically, you are emotionally upset, on adrenaline and have no reasoning capabilities while you are angry.
    What you do not seem to understand is that every time your opponent moves his/her time control is restored to 24 hrs regardless of the time bank. It is possible that when the time control and time bank were depleted, in the time that you and/or the system refreshed the page your opponent moved and received another time control and the skull will not appear then or on your move.

There is no conspiracy or bug and if you still fail to comprehend all this then you are still a moron.
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 00:45
    Originally posted by niteknight
    Why are players allowed to cheat in tournaments? When a player is timed out, he declares vacation. I understand that he cannot be timed out while on vacation. But then, he gets an extra day after removing the vacation label? that is cheating. If he comes off vacation, he gets no extra time. take a time out loss like a player with integrity.
    you have played 698 games and been a member for nearly 10 years, and you still dont understand how vacation time works?????

player did not cheat...but you broke the rules by talking about a active game..

i had a look...if you had any integrity...you would resign....clearly losing...😀😀😀
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Feb '15 21:30
    Originally posted by michelleon
    You have four games in progress. In three of them your opponent has 'time bank' remaining. In the fourth, there is no 'time bank' remaining for your opponent but he may still move legally within the 1 day time control ( 24 hours ) without penalty, and its your move.

You are a moron.
    Now who would be smarter the Moron or Idiot?

I just had to ask! 😛
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 09:26
    Originally posted by roma45
    player did not cheat...but you broke the rules by talking about a active game..

i had a look...if you had any integrity...you would resign....clearly losing...😀😀😀
    ...and now you did post about a game in progress 🙁
  8. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 10:05
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...and now you did post about a game in progress 🙁
    😀😀😀....but..the game ended on the 9th...i posted on the 11th...so i never talked about a game in progress....still cant see lenc having two moves in a row...😀😀😀
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 10:17
    Maybe there was a conditional move in there ...
  10. Santiago
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 17:30
    In the last six months or so, I have noticed a goodly number of sandbaggers plying their trade in lower banded tournaments. Now, they could be intentional baggers or people playing again after an absence.

It's disheartening for most if you enter and get through a few rounds in a tournie, to find yourself up against someone historically able to play at least 300 points above your rating.

I warn all lower rated players to check the ratings of all possible opponents before a tournie is due to start.

Regretably, I am now avoiding most tournaments, as I seem to find at least one possible opponent that is likely to win easily.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Mar '15 22:08
    Originally posted by Hopster
    In the last six months or so, I have noticed a goodly number of sandbaggers plying their trade in lower banded tournaments. Now, they could be intentional baggers or people playing again after an absence.

It's disheartening for most if you enter and get through a few rounds in a tournie, to find yourself up against someone historically able to play at lea ...[text shortened]... most tournaments, as I seem to find at least one possible opponent that is likely to win easily.
    I agree with you, and I've been doing the same thing. I've tried club tourneys but they're mostly the same few people over and over.

At present the TER is restricted to one year, and if it was extended even to three years it would make a huge difference to the number of sandbaggers. What do you think?
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 11:39
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I agree with you, and I've been doing the same thing. I've tried club tourneys but they're mostly the same few people over and over.

At present the TER is restricted to one year, and if it was extended even to three years it would make a huge difference to the number of sandbaggers. What do you think?
    I would even try a permanent rating floor. 200 below your historic max.
  13. Santiago
    Moves
    13 Mar '15 15:30
    Yep, that would put mine about 1250. I could live with that.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Mar '15 02:09
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Yep, that would put mine about 1250. I could live with that.
    Russ is preoccupied with the new UI right now, so we could start canvassing for support with a view to making a campaign thread in Site Ideas in a few weeks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree