1. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    03 Dec '03 15:25
    I have just heard the worse news ever. I have to go an visit my inlaws for Christmas. Not only that but I am going to be away for the whole week which means I am going to be timed out for sure on half my games.

On my own personal games I will beg / bribe / grovel for them not to time me out. I propose a bit of christmas spirit and that over the christmas period the auto-time out function on tournamnets be wavered.

What is the general feeling on this?

P.S. Belive me if I could get out of going to the inlaws I would but the argument being that I need to stay and play chess is not getting me anywhere
  2. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    03 Dec '03 15:26
    P.P.S I also wanted to wish all my fellow Pawn Stars and merry merry chrsitmas and happy new year
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 00:21
    Timeouts are automatic. 😕

Try to get to a library while on vacation. That's what I am going to do.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Dec '03 17:38
    I will make sure the auto-timeout script is not run over the Xmas period. [I had planned to do this all along – but it looks like a good time to announce it now]

I will probably run it for the last time on Dec 24th, and not again until Jan 2nd.

As for manual timeouts, well, that just depends on an individuals Christmas spirit...

-Russ

BTW : A week at the in-laws over Christmas? That is harsh. Same happened to me a few years back, but in that week of boredom (there wasn't even a pub within walking distance) I started writing the prototype for a chess website...
  5. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    05 Dec '03 08:42
    Thanks Russ

Hope you have a good Christmas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree