Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

1. 01 Dec '04 10:56
    Bit at a loss as to what to say here other than ... WTF!??! My clan leader asked me if I'd like to play in the clan tourney.

"Yeah sure why not" I said.

Little did I know that the people I would end up playing would be 300 - 900 points higher than me. I am 1150 & I have lots of 1600 players & even a 2000 player!!!

I am about to loose probably 10 games here - take a trouncing - loose points & all for what? I mean sorry to rant - but what's the point?

Somewhere along the line someone has lost site of what this is all about! I mean I like a challenge but that's just having a laugh! :-/

!?!?!?
  2. 01 Dec '04 15:55
    Originally posted by FoolsM8
    Bit at a loss as to what to say here other than ... WTF!??! My clan leader asked me if I'd like to play in the clan tourney.

Little did I know that the people I would end up playing would be 300 - 900 points higher than me. I am 1150 & I have lots of 1600 players & even a 2000 player!!!

I am about to loose probably 10 ...[text shortened]... what this is all about! I mean I like a challenge but that's just having a laugh! :-/

!?!?!?
    That comes down to a lack of communication form your clan leader rather than any fault with the site in general.

You may lose the games (you may not!), but it will not cost you a lot of points and the best way to learn is to play better players. Take it as a free chess lesson - hove some fun, and try somethings out.

Andrew
  3. 01 Dec '04 19:43 / 1 edit
    You would say that .... :-)

You are one of my opponents! :-)

I agree & that's my view but I am not sure my clan leader can be the one to blame. He doesn't choose my opponents does he?
  4. Standard member Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    01 Dec '04 23:08
    Originally posted by FoolsM8

I am about to loose probably 10 ...[text shortened]... what this is all about! I mean I like a challenge but that's just having a laugh! :-/

!?!?!?
    Don't worry about loosing points. Anyone over 1700 will only take 1 or 2 points off your rating only beacuse their so much higher than you. 2000+ won't even take a point.

The reason your group is so difficult is because it's the first season. The clans haven't had time to sort themselves out yet, once a couple of seasons of promotions and relegations your clan will be matched against even opposition. Don't begrudge a few games against strong players, those are the games you should really study to find the strongest moves. You won't get a better learning opportunity than you'll find in a game
  5. 05 Dec '04 21:14
    I see makes sense now thx! Still a 2004 opponent at 1150 sucks :-) Not learning much from that game other than how to die quick :-)