Country tournament

Country tournament

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Argentina

Moves
05 Mar 04

Hello chessfriends!

It would be very interesting to organize a championship with two or three better players of every country. I listen to opinions. I greet all, javierchaca

Q
Tovenaar

Dieren

Moves
05 Mar 04
1 edit

Originally posted by JavierChaca
Hello chessfriends!

It would be very interesting to organize a championship with two or three better players of every country. I listen to opinions. I greet all, javierchaca
I like the idea!
Maybe it can go like this:
2, 3 or 4 members, 4 has my preference. 1st board of every country plays 1st board of the other country's that are participating, 2nd plays 2nd etc. Winner is the team with the most points in total. Maybe there can be a play-off if there's a tie for first place.
And for thinking time I suggest zero timeout with a timebank of 30 or 40 days.

Otto

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
06 Mar 04

Yep,yep,yep,let's have such a tourney.
GO BELGIUM!

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
06 Mar 04

LevonB and i would be one of the top two australians: poor pathetic australia. i am the 111th rated player on site at present, Levon is 114th 🙁

but maybe our government has plans to colonise new zealand! - then we get skeeter(5), Brett L(21) and Peter9(40)!

or we could just try to be diplomatic and friendly with skeeter. ...mmm.... maybe i better get myself a chess book and start studying.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
06 Mar 04

Originally posted by flexmore
LevonB and i would be one of the top two australians: poor pathetic australia. i am the 111th rated player on site at present, Levon is 114th 🙁

but maybe our government has plans to colonise new zealand! - then we get skeeter(5), Brett L(21) and Peter9(40)!

or we could just try to be diplomatic and friendly with skeeter. ...mmm.... maybe i better get myself a chess book and start studying.
Hey flex. You know we are a nation of Waka jumpers. I would certainly consider jumping a ditch if the right amount of beads and blankets were offered. Besides, it would raise the average IQ of both countries😵

skeeter

PS ( Stage aside to the audience - Flex is not aware that skeeter also holds an Australian passport and we are not about to tell him. Are we?)

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
06 Mar 04
2 edits

Originally posted by skeeter
Hey flex. You know we are a nation of Waka jumpers. I would certainly consider jumping a ditch if the right amount of beads and blankets were offered. Besides, it would raise the average IQ of both countries😵

skeeter

PS ( Stage asid ...[text shortened]... Australian passport and we are not about to tell him. Are we?)
Bugger

J

Argentina

Moves
17 Mar 04

Originally posted by Quirine
I like the idea!
2, 3 or 4 members, 4 has my preference. 1st board of every country plays 1st board of the other country's that are participating, 2nd plays 2nd etc. Winner is the team with the most points in total. Maybe there can be a play-off if there's a tie for first place.

Otto
Yes, but for timeout I prefer 3days with a timebank of 40days. Similar to e-mail tournaments.
Regards, Javierchaca

J

Argentina

Moves
17 Mar 04

ise NZOriginally posted by flexmore

Argentina has Littlebear (#9 2077), Javierchaca (#23 1943) and jose sureda (#? 1301). There are more players, but no pawnstars.
Regards, Javier.-

PD: I we can´t colonise NZ, maybe helps you USA!!! jajaja
Regards, Javier

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
17 Mar 04

Considering that I am one of the "worst" players from Holland I will never be able to compete in such a tournement (4 dutchies in the top 10!!!!!!!!) .... but there could be additional divisions I suppose as there are many countries with lots of players.

s

ruislipwoods

Moves
17 Mar 04

Just remember Skeeter joined the active clan leader tournament when he knew he was not an active leader. You will end up with people joining the Antartic team who have never been to the Antartic.
Also you will get players who do not make there own team changing the flag to join another.

Its a great idea but will need some control as cheats could kill it.

Am I over negative by a focus on cheats. Answers on a postcard to Skeeter.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
18 Mar 04

Originally posted by seanpbutler
Just remember Skeeter joined the active clan leader tournament when he knew he was not an active leader. You will end up with people joining the Antartic team who have never been to the Antartic.
Also you will get players who do not make there own team changing the flag to join another.

Its a great idea but will need some control as cheats could kill it.

Am I over negative by a focus on cheats. Answers on a postcard to Skeeter.
All postcards gratefully received😏

skeeter

t
a unique loser

LIAAA

Moves
18 Mar 04

I like the idea!

Otto
I really like the idea. It sounds like the clan tournament stuff I mentioned before, but then I was told that it would not happen very soon, but I would really like to play in such tournament.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
18 Mar 04
3 edits

I like the idea!
2, 3 or 4 members, 4 has my preference. 1st board of every country plays 1st board of the other country's that are participating, 2nd plays 2nd etc. Winner is the team with the most points in t ...[text shortened]... e I suggest zero timeout with a timebank of 30 or 40 days.

Otto
tejo is right that Quirine is right that JavierChaca is right that this is great idea !!!!! 😀
(but not for australia 🙁 )

perhaps have 50 boards to include more players:
top board is worth 50 points, 2nd board 49 points, 3rd board 48 points etc

probly best to just experiment with 3 or 4 boards first.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
18 Mar 04
1 edit

Originally posted by NicolaiS
Considering that I am one of the "worst" players from Holland I will never be able to compete in such a tournement (4 dutchies in the top 10!!!!!!!!) .... but there could be additional divisions I suppose as there are many countries with lots of players.
i have played many dutch players - and you are number one in my eyes !!!

(sorry tejo - but you do come in second ;-) )

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
18 Mar 04

Originally posted by flexmore
i have played many dutch players - and you are number one in my eyes !!!

(sorry tejo - but you do come in second ;-) )
😳 ...... thats makes me blush ... and Francis you are my favorite Aussie ... if you stop beating me up every time 😀