1. Chalk Village
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:27
    In duel games, am i corect in believing that when games are drawn, both players go through. Is this not open to abuse. Just looking here

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=952

Second tie down. I hate being cheated and i dont like being a snitch, but it seems to me that it rather leaves thhings open to abuse. Hope im wrong.

carjam
  2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:34
    Originally posted by carjam
    In duel games, am i corect in believing that when games are drawn, both players go through. Is this not open to abuse. Just looking here

Second tie down. I hate being cheated and i dont like being a snitch, but it seems to me that it rather leaves thhings open to abuse. Hope im wrong.

carjam
    If both players draw they both go through, you are correct.
  3. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:481 edit
    Originally posted by carjam

carjam
    Apart from both players way above the initial rating band, it is bloody pathetic to draw after 2 moves ... Russ should ban both players from this tournament to prevent further jackasses doing the same ...

TSP
  4. Chalk Village
    Moves
    29 May '06 18:51
    That was my reaction too. Will Russ be aware of this? now this thread is posted.
  5. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    29 May '06 19:03
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    Apart from both players way above the initial rating band, it is bloody pathetic to draw after 2 moves ... Russ should ban both players from this tournament to prevent further jackasses doing the same ...

TSP
    They should both have tried to make it look less blatant than the way they did.
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 May '06 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn

TSP
    Tournament 952

Yet another possible use for tournament moderators.
  7. Chalk Village
    Moves
    29 May '06 21:27
    Looking back one round one of the two is involved in another strange ending. If there is cheating going on (and it is a tad suspicous) I just hope its not hapening elsewhere. I really dont know how drawn duels can be decided without either using players ratings or re-matches until a result is found.

carjam
  8. Joined
    26 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 May '06 12:30
    It seems strange to wait until the number of players equals a square of 2, and then allow both players in a tie to go through. As long as the tie-break were known in advance I see no reason why we can't do something to avoid both players in a tie going through.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 May '06 12:34
    Originally posted by davidmacc
    It seems strange to wait until the number of players equals a square of 2, and then allow both players in a tie to go through. As long as the tie-break were known in advance I see no reason why we can't do something to avoid both players in a tie going through.
    Like what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree