Eight Ball Etiquette

Eight Ball Etiquette

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
19 Jun 05

Does a tournament with a 0 timebank, mean you are more or less likely to take the timeout?

For some reason I think I more likely to claim wins by timeout in these tournaments - just because I feel its more likely to happen to me!

Any thoughts

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
19 Jun 05

Tournament games automatically time out after 48 hours.

c

Moves
19 Jun 05

It has a zero timeout, not zero timebank (80 days timebank) so it wont be bothering you for some time yet! IMO though I think that taking timeouts in tournaments, whatever the time constraints, is fair enough. Tournaments (and clan matches) have that extra level of competitiveness that means that anything is fair game.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
21 Jun 05

Personally I wait for the automatic timeout to happen. It's 2 days, which is probably less grace than I would give an opponent anyway, and if it's the system that took the timeout no-one can POSSIBLY get upset with me.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
21 Jun 05

Remember though the problems that happened in the 2005 Championship because neither player was taking the timeout. The automatic timeout was triggering because they weren't taking 48 hours to make a move but they were still out of time and thereby extending the game beyond the intended max of 120 days.