Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Tournaments Forum

Tournaments Forum

  1. Standard member Joop506
    Joop
    21 Dec '04 21:29
    made a dramatic fall. In his profile he writes; "I don't have time to play here anymore so feel free to time me out".
    Mmmm, I play in a long Haul, as he did, with 21 against 21 plus the 2 days by the system. That means early spring
    To me it would be gentleman like that instead he should have resigned his games.

    ciao, Joop506
  2. Standard member wib
    Stay outta my biznez
    21 Dec '04 21:38
    Originally posted by Joop506
    made a dramatic fall. In his profile he writes; "I don't have time to play here anymore so feel free to time me out".
    Mmmm, I play in a long Haul, as he did, with 21 against 21 plus the 2 days by the system. That means early spring
    To me it would be gentleman like that instead he should have resigned his games.

    ciao, Joop506
    That's a shame. I'm playing two league matches against him. On the other hand I was losing one of them and was struggling to stay even in the other.

    Oh well...
  3. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Dec '04 00:00
    Originally posted by Joop506
    made a dramatic fall. In his profile he writes; "I don't have time to play here anymore so feel free to time me out".
    That's unfortunate timing. Some people on here might associate his sudden complete lack of interest in playing chess on the site with the imminent arrival of the cheat police.

    D
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    22 Dec '04 02:19
    It seems like alot of high rated players suddenly stop playing for a period and getting all their games timed out. Estutse is certainly not the first player I have seen the last few weeks with a rating dropping like it fell of a mountain, or something (and increasing after a period, usually).

    I think it seems fair to resign the games against the opponents getting a win or a draw, and only then letting you get timed out. I have managed to get three free wins against Estutse in the Bor and Bors tournaments, earning about 50 free points in total. But I can see it is a bit unfair for those playing better than me and earning much less points just because they are not able to time him / her out.
  5. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    22 Dec '04 03:54
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    That's unfortunate timing. Some people on here might associate his sudden complete lack of interest in playing chess on the site with the imminent arrival of the cheat police.

    D
    Yes it is. Will be interesting to see how many more leave for good with different excuses. And maybe we'll get some back who left because of nothing being done, hmmm maybe could even out.
  6. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    18 Jan '05 13:36
    I have noticed I have made it through the next round of the Bors Grouped Random tournament (http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=349). That's something I have not expected so I am cheerful, I guess.

    I made it to the next round mostly thanks to timing out Estutse, without doubt the best player in my group. Both of us ended up with the same amount of points in the group though, hence my progress into the next round.

    It's too bad though that Estutse has made it into the next round considering this person has not made a move since december 18. And probably will not move for a while, considering his / her profile.

    Just curious: do you consider it fair / wise letting a non-player into the next round?
  7. Standard member APB
    18 Jan '05 19:15
    On the subject of the Bors grouped random, round 2 is a bit of a farce! There are 2 players Estutse and Touareg in the second round who have clearly left the site but have been left in the draw. This makes a mockery of the competition!
  8. Standard member TRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    18 Jan '05 19:39
    Originally posted by APB
    On the subject of the Bors grouped random, round 2 is a bit of a farce! There are 2 players Estutse and Touareg in the second round who have clearly left the site but have been left in the draw. This makes a mockery of the competition!
    I agree and disagree. In some cases I don't like players who have left going on into the next round but being a player who was gone for 2 months I was happy to come back just in time to start playing in and win a couple of finals I was in. Barely missed some other ones by like a day. So when shoe is on other foot I think we all feel a bit different about it.