first tournament

first tournament

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TWR

Moves
21 May 04

I've entered a tournament, and have fifty odd games co-current. this is too many, and i dont think i can manage that many games at once.
Is there anyway to quit a tournament, and not have my rating affected?

Miles

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
21 May 04
1 edit

Originally posted by The White Rider
I've entered a tournament, and have fifty odd games co-current. this is too many, and i dont think i can manage that many games at once.

Miles
I think you're stuck with them. If so, then play hard the ones you have a chance to win. That guy rated over 1900, go wild on him, but don't waste time trying to out play him. You might get lucky and beat some of the higher rated players, but you don't have the time to ponder over each move.

I always feel I must do my best on evey game, but in your case, put your effort where you have the best chance for reward. That's my advice. Good luck.

Also, play the clan games the best you can because your playing for the team.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
22 May 04

Originally posted by The White Rider

Miles
In future, always check the group size before entering a tournament, because you are going to get 2x(group size-1) new games as soon as the tournament starts.

The only way to get out of the tournament is to resign all your games, but the damage to your rating would be very severe. Coletti's advice is spot on.