1. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '08 21:26
    I've just stumbled across this thread - and as a result checked a couple of profiles and playing records.

It seems to me that this is an attempt at "sledging" by one finalist in Tournament 2274 with a view to unsettling his opponent.

It's not acceptable in cricket and it shouldn't be here either.
  2. Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 05:36
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I've just stumbled across this thread - and as a result checked a couple of profiles and playing records.

It seems to me that this is an attempt at "sledging" by one finalist in Tournament 2274 with a view to unsettling his opponent.

It's not acceptable in cricket and it shouldn't be here either.
    You're absolutely right, if it was true🙂 I'm not attempting to 'sledge' my opponent. And I find it very disturbing that you even suggest this in this thread...

Please stick to the topic, or report me to one of the moderators.
  3. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 07:53
    Although Anton was wrong in his view in this thread, I never felt like he was trying to sledge me. There were a few other posts which could be considered sledging though...

His view came about by me being 1 move from mate when I opened up my game page, saw a skull and took it immediately.. and thought nothing more of it. He didn't like it. However, I can see his point of view though.. he did some research and came to the conclusion that he came to - I probably would have come to the same conclusion myself.

That is his view.. or opinion and that is fine. There wasn't any attempt for sledging or trying to unsettle me! 😛 Or at least I didn't think so.. Besides, I'm sure I could recover in time to make my move! 😉
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 10:17
    Originally posted by Anton1959
    You're absolutely right, if it was true🙂 I'm not attempting to 'sledge' my opponent. And I find it very disturbing that you even suggest this in this thread...

Please stick to the topic, or report me to one of the moderators.
    MissOleum is a moderator.

I'd say consider it a friendly warning.

D
  5. Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 15:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    MissOleum is a moderator.

I'd say consider it a friendly warning.

D
    Good to know, impossible to see (no signature or anything else stating this, or I missed it).

Anyway, no warning needed🙂 Thanks for the hint though...
  6. UK
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 18:53
    Wow all this argument over someone clicking a skull.

Tourny games time out automatically anyway, so if he hadn't clicked the skull the system would have.
  7. Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    19 Feb '08 12:29
    Originally posted by mrmist
    Wow all this argument over someone clicking a skull.

Tourny games time out automatically anyway, so if he hadn't clicked the skull the system would have.
    The system will auto-time out after a grace period of 2 days, on top of the 'normal' time-out.

I'm in this situation right now, since my opponent does not have any time left, skulls are up, and he's not moving...

Eventhough this is not even closely similar to what the original topic was about, I will honor the system grace period, and wait for the auto-timeout.

And mrmist: the issue was not clicking the skull🙂 The issue was doing it while you're one move away from being mated... never mind, no need to start the whole thing again🙂

AussieG: move man... it's silly to lose due to time-out...
  8. Joined
    02 May '07
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 00:01
    got fed up waiting... sorry, but if you just don't move in our games but are playing other games... takes the fun out of it.

ciao
  9. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 00:17
    No problems. I move in games but at pretty much the same pace with each game. Eventually I get around to your games.. I was over that tournament and happy to be out of it.. as I mentioned earlier so I wasn't in any extra rush to move - too many other things going on.

You also mentioned that you wouldn't hesitate taking the skulls when they appeared.. so what stopped you?

Anyway, Congratulations on the tournament win - you were the best player in it and probably would have won it anyway - even if we finished our games. Best of luck with your chess! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree